• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question UJF-6042 White Ink circulation settings & timer How do I turn it off or adjust settings ?

Tipgypsy

Is there a setting or parameter I can access to adjust the white Ink circulation timer or turn it off completely. I run my printers with a direct line to the Damper & give them a shake. Timer still pauses the printer & runs the circ pump randomly would be awesome to do away with all the waiting. This is the older cartridge version of the machine.

Last edited:

btxmedia

Couldn't find a setting on mine, or anything in the service manual about disabling it. I am curious about the direct line ink system you have though - got any photos of it?

Smoke_Jaguar

Might be able to just unplug the pump motor and go from there. Typically just a stepper motor without an encoder for feedback. Alternatively, if it's a MK 1, just remove the blue roller cap on the pump and will quiet the thing down a lot.

Tipgypsy

Couldn't find a setting on mine, or anything in the service manual about disabling it. I am curious about the direct line ink system you have though - got any photos of it?
Nothing special really just used existing tubing and routed direct from the white cartridges to the dampers the pump loop is disconnected. Works the same as the Mk 1 3042

Tipgypsy

Might be able to just unplug the pump motor and go from there. Typically just a stepper motor without an encoder for feedback. Alternatively, if it's a MK 1, just remove the blue roller cap on the pump and will quiet the thing down a lot.
Its an old Mk1 - I have 2 of the beasts - Motor is still in place I just removed the tubing from the plastic IV pump. It runs for several minutes at start up and every few hours. Its just a bit annoying when your running a job and the timer pauses your print till the cycle completes. Not sure what it would do if I unplugged the pump motor connector - might stop the cycle or could just error code. Ill try that.