• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

UJF 7151 Plus - SYSTEM HALT(1) 132: PCB TABLE

Eirikprint

Hello, wondering if anybody could help me out here.
Our UJF 7151 Plus is currently unusable because of the error message in the title. I've spoken to mimaki support, and they've given me the following instructions (which are not in our manual):

” SYSTEM HALT(*) 132: PCB TABLE

No XZ table PCB

1. Check the wiring between the branch IO PCB, the FPC converter PCB, and the XZ table PCB.

2. Disconnect and connect the FFC located between the FPC converter PCB and the XZ table PCB.

3. Replace the FFCs of the above routes.

4. Replace the XZ table PCB.

5. Replace the branch IO PCB.

6. Replace the FPC converter PCB.

7. Replace the cables of the above routes.”
___

We've tested both the FPC converter PCB, and the XZ table PCB, and they seem to be fine. No fuses are blown on any circuits that I can see.
If I disconnect everything from the XZ Table PCB, and then start up the machine - I still get the same error message.

With everything connected, all the diodes in the different circuit boards light up, even on the XZ Table PCB, until the "System Halt (1)" error message beeps, then the XZ Table PCB goes dark.

What is the most likely cause here? We just had a technician working on our machine less than 2 months ago, this is turning out to be very costly.
1700907882276.png

Smoke_Jaguar

Check your table for binding, pinched cables or other mechanical issues? Seen that fault on a UJF-6042MKII when there was a misaligned ballscrew that locked the table up. Not too terribly likely, but worth looking at.

Eirikprint

Check your table for binding, pinched cables or other mechanical issues? Seen that fault on a UJF-6042MKII when there was a misaligned ballscrew that locked the table up. Not too terribly likely, but worth looking at.
Thanks for the tip, I will check it! Whenever the ballscrew was misaligned on the 6042, was there any signs before it seized? I've noticed that our table moving up and down (calibrating) on start up, has gotten progressively louder over the last year.

Smoke_Jaguar

Misaligned screw caused the bed to move erratically, would be loose on part of the turn and bound up on the other part. Should be smooth movement from start to finish. If really out of whack, it will be completely seized up. Should be able to jog the ballscrew by hand, just careful not to get it dirty or wipe off too much grease.

Eirikprint

Thanks alot for the reply! I will look into this tomorrow. We haven't had any problems with the table seizing up or moving erratically as far as I know, but it's worth to check it out either way.
I've been thinking about the error message we are getting, and the most logical conclusion I can come to is that there is a break in a wire somewhere. Because we've tested the table PCB, and the converter PCB, we can for sure say that neither of those are fried. However, if I unplug everything from the table PCB, we still get the same error message. And the Table PCB lights up when we start the printer, but as soon as the error message pops up on the display the table PCB diodes go dark.