• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

UJV55-320 Media Compensation coming and going

Galaxycube

Hey everyone wondering if anyone has seen this before. It's a Mimaki UJV55-320. As you can see in the picture below we keep having this problem of the feed compensation going in and out over a period of 200mm.

61m41eipbbl91.jpg

Doesn't matter what media is printed on or if it's on heavy load roll holders or the light roll holders. Doesn't matter if attached to pickup roll or not the same pattern appears. Doesn't matter the pass rate or resolution.... The pattern persists!

If you look in the picture I printed a 2000mm ruler with 1mm spacers. You can see the feed compensation underbanding then returning to normal. This pattern repeats through the entire roll doesn't matter if it's the start or end.

It's really not noticeable on normal prints but we've started doing backlit and it stands out like a sore thumb.

My gut thought it might be a warped encoder on the media feed but turns out this is built in to the drive motor on this model which we replaced recently and the issue still persists.

Anybody got any ideas?

Isaac_K

Sorry for reviving an old thread but did you ever find a solution to this? Our UJV55-320 has X-Axis registration all over the place immediately after successfully calibrating feed comp.