• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Ultimate Printer for Real Estate Signs

Snook

What would you consider to be the ultimate printer for double sided real estate signs. Printing mostly on ACM and MDO. Ultimate...

ams

I heard about one that can pick up sheets, place it on the table, print on it, take it off the table and stack it. I heard it's $1,800,000

d fleming

Screen printer.

Attachments

• 680378_509969482349495_1711149992_o.jpg
    680378_509969482349495_1711149992_o.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 392

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Océ Arizona 6160 with either 257 or 258 ink set.
Fast, accurate and lots of adhesion.

those things are nuts. You need a screw compressor just for the air bearings to move the carriage.
I do agree, double sides signs, this is the ultimate machine. I do wish my arizona has the locating pins. would come in handy.

gnemmas

There are people screen print for residential real estate signs, that are dirt cheap. Around $20 for 18 x 24" 2 sided 3/16" masonite board.

I am not sure it will be profitable to go after this market. They will get a heart attack when we quoted $55 for 18 x 24 and $75 for 24 x 32. and charging us tens of thousands of commission thinking they deserve it.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If you are looking for printing directly to MDO, that will limit your choices right there. You must be going towards the Commercial end of real estate. Good choice, but it's your instals that will make or break ya.

CanuckSigns

You couldn't pick a more penny pinching client than a real estate agent, there is absolutely no loyalty there, if they find someone 5 cents cheaper than you, they will drop you.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You couldn't pick a more penny pinching client than a real estate agent, there is absolutely no loyalty there, if they find someone 5 cents cheaper than you, they will drop you.

Wrong.

If you're good and do stand up quality, they will look no further, unless you start nickel and diming them to death. Be fair and on time and you'll have a great customer. We have at least a dozen or so real estate customers and some of them have been with me for over 3 decades.

CanuckSigns

Wrong.

If you're good and do stand up quality, they will look no further, unless you start nickel and diming them to death. Be fair and on time and you'll have a great customer. We have at least a dozen or so real estate customers and some of them have been with me for over 3 decades.
No my experience at all, every one that has come in my shop has started the conversation by letting me know they want the cheapest sign they can get, and they need it for tomorrow morning. Thy do not care about quality at all, most want to reuse old coroplast to save a few bucks.

chester215

Just call me Chester.
As a company that has installed only real estate signs for the past 30+ years keeping 14 drivers busy in 3 states daily, I would say you both are right.
The more established companies/offices usually recognize quality sign work costs $$ and have seen what cut rate work is like.
Some purchase reflective 24x36 aluminum panels every year, and some bring us cheap 18x24 coro panels they bought online.
In general it is the newer agents pinching pennies. The established ones are the ones making money.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
No my experience at all, every one that has come in my shop has started the conversation by letting me know they want the cheapest sign they can get, and they need it for tomorrow morning. Thy do not care about quality at all, most want to reuse old coroplast to save a few bucks.

As soon as you hear two or more sentences come out of their mouth and you recognize them as being lowballing, bullsh!t or otherwise, you take control and usher them out. Seems odd, that you get so many of these and all the same. Raise your prices and become known for doing top-notch work and you'll attract higher end clientele.

We're getting very good prices for our real estate products and have been for quite some time. We do bucket work, real estate signs, commercial signs and installations. No one seems to have any problems with our prices, let alone our service.

The main thing about real estate people that I've noticed is, they don't want more headaches than necessary. It you're 15% or 25% higher than the guy down the street, but less headaches..... they'll stick with you and not the knucklehead. Like you mentioned, they are a lazy bunch and don't wanna work hard, but while they're frugal, they do as little as possible and that's where we come in.

CanuckSigns

As soon as you hear two or more sentences come out of their mouth and you recognize them as being lowballing, bullsh!t or otherwise, you take control and usher them out. Seems odd, that you get so many of these and all the same. Raise your prices and become known for doing top-notch work and you'll attract higher end clientele.

We're getting very good prices for our real estate products and have been for quite some time. We do bucket work, real estate signs, commercial signs and installations. No one seems to have any problems with our prices, let alone our service.

The main thing about real estate people that I've noticed is, they don't want more headaches than necessary. It you're 15% or 25% higher than the guy down the street, but less headaches..... they'll stick with you and not the knucklehead. Like you mentioned, they are a lazy bunch and don't wanna work hard, but while they're frugal, they do as little as possible and that's where we come in.

We are known for our top notch high end work, which is why we really don't get too many real estate agents through our doors, but the ones we do get have always lived up to the penny pinching stereotype that many on this forum have reinforced. Congrats to you for finding a few diamonds in the rough, hold on to them. I'm just stating my experience with a certain type of client, your experience may differ.

henryz

Depends on what you mean ultimate, I believe there was a machine at the Vegas show this year that printed around (30) 4'x8' sheets double sided per hr. That's about 300 sign per hr. Now if you need something more ultimate than that your going to keep on looking, oh yeah it was 400k. Vutek 3250 is a nice one.