• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ultra-tack print media suitable for doming

Ratbagz4

G'day all - what are your recommendations of an ultra-tack (really aggressive adhesion) print media suitable for doming decals (centre motifs) on awards & trophies, please?

The last time I used MacTac 929 which didn't go too well, causing the domed decals to 'curl' away from the trophy. Not a great look... I have been told Arlon DPF 8000 is suitable, but is there or know of comparative print medias?

Thank you.

Barbie
Ratbag Industries

Trotec Speedy 300 60W
iColor 600
Roland BN-20
HP Latex 335
Summa D140R
GeoKnight DC16
Multifunctional Acrylic Bending Machine ABM-700

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Do you need a high tack because your putting these on a low energy surface, or because of the contour of the dome? I would try a cast vinyl - like 3mIj180 - unless it's because of a low energy material that nothing wants to stick to. Then... I don't have any suggestions. sorry.

Ratbagz4

Do you need a high tack because your putting these on a low energy surface, or because of the contour of the dome? I would try a cast vinyl - like 3mIj180 - unless it's because of a low energy material that nothing wants to stick to. Then... I don't have any suggestions. sorry.
Thanks for your recommendation, Boudica - The surface is the reason as you've mentioned.
I've not had issues before when applying printed, domed centre motifs to awards/trophies so I am thinking the print media I used (I think it was MacTac), the adhesive wasn't aggressive enough, causing the domes and decals to lift/curl. I've ordered some Rojo SAV HiTac and see how that goes.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Thanks for your recommendation, Boudica - The surface is the reason as you've mentioned.
I've not had issues before when applying printed, domed centre motifs to awards/trophies so I am thinking the print media I used (I think it was MacTac), the adhesive wasn't aggressive enough, causing the domes and decals to lift/curl. I've ordered some Rojo SAV HiTac and see how that goes.
Not familiar with that brand. Good luck, and let us know how it works!

Snydo

Orafol 3951 HT should work for this application. The more important question is what type of resin are you using for doming? If you use epoxy, try a polyurethane resin as it's far more flexible.

Ratbagz4

Orafol 3951 HT should work for this application. The more important question is what type of resin are you using for doming? If you use epoxy, try a polyurethane resin as it's far more flexible.
I purchased Intercoat Rojo HiTack but haven't done any doming with it yet. Hopefully the aggressive adhesion will be enough.