• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ultraflexx Scrim: JetFlex vs SuperPrint Plus

MIMO

For those who have tried JetFlex and SuperPrint Plus, which do you prefer? Anyone using both regularly?

guitarguy69

We have used both and with different results. JetFlex is South Korea and does better outdoors. The SuperPrint Plus is China and gets destroyed outdoors easily. SuperPrint Plus has a better whie point and the prints generaly look better because of this. Another issue with SuperPrint Plus is that their seems to be little remnants rolled up inside the material that ruin a full bleed print. JetFlex has it's own issues stemming from improper rolling up of the material that causes our printers to have head strikes. The roll will be super tight on one end and loose on the other. Long story short I preffer the JetFlex simply because of the high volume that we print I want our customers to have less issues with outdoor use. I finally decided to go with Grinmco Key banner material. Long story short all have issues, just pick the one that has the least issues for your intended purpose.

Good Luck,
Brian

J

john1

I use Jetflex matte and i love it. I haven't used any other because it prints so beautiful on my Roland SP300i

High speed prints beautiful with zero grain using the versaworks general banner 1 profile

I wholesale to a local guy banners also and he always has good things to say. They hold up well also.

MIMO

Thanks everyone. I've been using jetflex matte but as was said, the white isn't great but if you've got full coverage it prints beautifully (HP latex here). The other issue I had with the jetflex is the pattern of the scrim is all over the place (waves, angles). Just got some matte and yeah, the scrim and white is nicer looking, so I'll keep my ears open re: durability. Cheers.

J

john1

Nice! For some reason i thought i was the only one using the matte lol

Rydaddy

Matte

I also prefer matte for vinyl. We use IJ35 matte for our intermediate. On both of our printers we've always had better success printing on matte medias than gloss.

J

john1

I also prefer matte for vinyl. We use IJ35 matte for our intermediate. On both of our printers we've always had better success printing on matte medias than gloss.

Wow, same here!

I recently printed on IJ35C-20 matte and man did it print beautiful. Must be something with matte material because it looks amazing. Figure you print on matte and then laminate with gloss or luster and it looks perfect.