• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Uneven rollers RS1400C

Goatshaver

I've been getting some curling on one side of my prints and I've seen the roller adjustment threads, but I was just loading new material and had the rollers down and there is a visible gap on the left side of the machine and not the right. Probably why I can't get even pressure across my sheets. One side curls a little and the other side stays flat.

is there as way to level the top roller on these?

Joe House

There are adjustment screws behind the covers of both ends. It's difficult to get them even by eye though. But if you can see the gap, you can certainly make it better, just don't go overboard with the pressure.

Good Luck

Goatshaver

There are adjustment screws behind the covers of both ends. It's difficult to get them even by eye though. But if you can see the gap, you can certainly make it better, just don't go overboard with the pressure.

Good Luck

Yeah I've messed with those bu it's nowhere near enough to compensate for the game that's there.

Goatshaver

After looking at the pressure springs more and the tech said something that made me think. Maybe it's the left side pressure spring that's collapsed and causing this roller to be higher on the left than the right. I don't have any experience with service on these, so it's just a guess until someone calls me back on it.

Goatshaver

Has anyone ever replaced their pressure springs in their machine? Wondering how difficult it might be or if I'll have to find a tech that can do it. Local shop that sells these doesn't service it apparently.