• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Upgrade from HP 360 to 560

mgieske

We're potentially replacing our HP L360's with the newer 560's. Has anyone that has upgraded notice an improvement in color stability? We're hoping our long history of color match issues on reprinting adjacent panels may be solved one of these years. HP says this is improved. Is that true?

dypinc

I thought they have updated the firmware on the 360's to match the 560's in this regard, tiling media preset, etc. I would think the 560's would need constant re-calibration just like the 360's do to achieve color stability when reprinting adjacent panels, as well as a constant environment. Like you I would like to here what people say about this difference between the 360's and 560's.

Asuma01

Anecdotal opinion incoming.
Former 260 user and current 560 user here. IMO the color stability is not perceivably better. But the environment your printer is in is a big factor here. Constant temp. and humidity play a big role when trying to tile together a larger image. We aren't set up for having a climate controlled room so we had to stop trying to print large tiled images if the customer was picky about the consistency from tile to tile. You also have to take the art and the colors you are printing into consideration. Sometimes it will look and print fine. Other colors not so much.

My biggest gripe with the 560 however is that it likes to jam when loading media or when starting it back up at the beginning of the day. It chews through and wastes so much media. It's ridiculous.

Last edited:

dypinc

My biggest gripe with the 560 however is that it likes to jam when loading media or when starting it back up at the beginning of the day. It chews through and wastes so much media. It's ridiculous.

So they still haven't put the media path sensor in the 560 between the head and the left side like the L25500 and L26500 had. And still one one lc/lm head in the 560 which under certain circumstances causes ink starvation which leads to color consistency problems. I am hopping to see these back in the next generation, so I will try to make the 360 last as long as I can.

MelloImagingTechnologies

Many years in the Production Business
If you have to print tons of vinyl tiled out on large images and want identical colors and lengths for tile matching and perfect wraps, go to Low Solvent OkiData Colorpainter Printers. The E64 is affordable and faster than the best HP latex printers. The M64 will print a 150' roll in 2 hours but you will want to add a BBC Infrared heated dryer so you can laminate the roll immediately.
I am currently replacing all the HPs for customers in NY who are experiencing these problems.