• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Upgrading from 8.1 to 8.5

resqfiremedic

Hey Matt,

I am having an issue with the Versacamm SP300 not polling vinyl size. The previous versions did and I use usb connection. I have reported the problem but how long does engineering take to correct?? I really need that option.

LittleSnakey

Now I am Having Down Time

error.jpg

This is the error code I am getting. It happened again today when I got in. Flexi keeps working untill I hit close the shuts down as long as I leave the box up I can work and print?????

Here's the second box (click for more info in the first error box.)
error-codes.jpg

I think it may have something to do with licence cause I don't have the internet connected today I only hooked it up temp. to get the software upgraded thinking I would be Using the USB key like Matt said I could.

PLEASE Help me Matt, I called and left you a message.

Thanks
Paul

EndlessOptions

I would be very interested to hear the problems you came across with the upgrade, no matter how minor. Feel free to email directly, or post the list here and we will look at addressing all for the next service pack.

I do all of my set up in production manager and in preferences tell it to always use the production manager settings but if I make a change in the settings rip manager doesn't always register the change. I am also having problems with the position, it will use the size of the print as the distance from the end of the vinyl.

OneUpTenn

Only some of my jobs show up in Production Manager. If I have to go back and re-cut or reprint then I have to start from scratch.

This never happened before the upgrade.

LittleSnakey

Matt

I just got off the phone with good ole scanvec amiable. It seems that yes you can us a hardware key............BUT you have to order it, WTF!

Quote from Matt
"There is an option when you get 8.5 to use softkey or hardkey. You can use it either way. So if you have a shop without an internet connection on the production machine, then the hardkey option is for your.

On the other hand if you don't want to worry about losing the key, or having it get damaged, then softkey is best. By default, we use softkey as it is more flexible and can be re-generated in case of loss or damage to the PC."

All you had to say was that you need to order the key MATT.
Thanks alot now I have no key, no internet connection and no FLEXI.

:thankyou::rolleyes: