• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

UPS/battery backup, protection

TomK

Anyone here running UPS/battery backup/surge protection for your HP 300 latex printers? If so, can you share your brand/model # please?

Thanks!

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Edit: Oops, wrong thread.

That being said... we run a Canon iPF printer and Roland VS printer/cutter of the same UPS:
Eaton 5130 2500VA.

Zero issues in the two years we've had it. It can run the machines for about 20 minutes during full blackout, usually giving us enough time to finish the job in progress before shutting everything down gracefully.

TomK

It's 220v. You want to wire it directly into the box. Call your electrician.

Yea, I have the electrician installing the circuit this week, however I wanted to source the UPS on my own, they don't sell them. He's putting in a single 20a/220v line with 2 plugs on it since the max draw of the HP 310 is 16a and 2.2KW.

I'd plug the printer into a UPS and then the UPS into the outlets, just trying to find something that has the proper plugs on it and such, hence posting here.

qmr55

What I'm saying is you wont find a viable options for a 220v UPS backup system. The backup system needs to be built into the main box.

TomK

What I'm saying is you wont find a viable options for a 220v UPS backup system. The backup system needs to be built into the main box.

Talked to rep and APC engineer, they said this unit:

http://www.apc.com/products/resource/include/techspec_index.cfm?base_sku=srt5kxlt

Would handle it, and allow for double pull for in-rush when motors kick in. $4K for a UPS, ouch.

Edit - looking at that further, looks like I'd need to have the 30a line installed since it takes a 30a input.

Tom

qmr55

Hahahah exactly why I said have your electrician wire the backup directly into the box. Much cheaper. Just went through all this with L360s

TomK

Hahahah exactly why I said have your electrician wire the backup directly into the box. Much cheaper. Just went through all this with L360s

Yea, thanks man, asked the elec this morning about it, based on your feedback, will see what he says.

Thanks again!