• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Urgent help needed with Graphtec and registration marks!

jimmmi

Hello, i am facing and big problem. I made registration marks for my files, printed and now tye Cutting Master 4 doesn't recognize the file i am sending with registration marks. I have a roll printed and now cannot cut them. The file with registration marks i made it to one pc and transfer to other pc. Both corel 2019. Everything was working fine. It has to be with tye registration marks something probably. Please help me asap.

jimmmi

Basically i figure out that all the layer info for registration marks have lost because of copy paste. If i copy and paste an object in a new page all layer info for registration marks are lost. It doesn't copy the layers as original,but puts everything in a layer. So the CM4 doesn't find registration marks. Also i get all the time contour cutting is not supported in multi page. But i i do have multipage! Whats wrong again?

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
I’m not familiar with your software and you’re not the most articulate but it appears you’ve made your files on one pc, and then just copy and pasted them over to another pc to print?

Isn’t there some sort of output file that’s needed for your software? On the very rare occasion we need to use our mimaki to cut now, I have to set up the files on our Mac, add the reg marks, make it a cut layer, hit the output to RL button, then copy and paste those files (two files, one for print, one for cut) over to the hot folder in our rip pc.

Sounds a lot like you’re creating the files on pc 1, for arguments sake we’ll say you output to PDF, are sending these files to pc 2 then expecting pc 2 to know what to do without actually receiving any info with regards to cuts/layers?

has this ever worked?

jimmmi

The problem is that Corel when for example copy an item that has marks, and paste to a new file it doesnt create the same layers. It puts everything in a single layer. Graphtec recognition system creates two layers with info for the cutting. All these including the item are pasted combined. That's the reason
I discovered right now trying to save my prints!
Also the multipage i i mentioned,which discovered now also is from Cutting Master menu not Corel. That's why i misunderstood. This happens because CM4 keeps size from previous job. If the new job is bigger it tries to create panels. That's The multipage error. If read the new poll size (icon next to user defined) the error is gone.

I wrote these to help anyone else facing similar issues. Just discovered them

jimmmi

I made my items ready for print and ready for cutting from various jobs and saved them to one new file named for example cutting. That's how i encountered my issue. Haven't done this before so i faced this for first time