• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Urgent Help Regarding VP-540

quake124991

Hi,

I have purchased a refurbished Roland VP-540 almost a year back from the authorized Roland dealer in India.

During installation and testing their engineer had broken of one of the eight transistors(4 nos of C4131 and 4 nos of A1746) and now my black, magenta and yellow heads are fine but my cyan head has become very weak and is producing a lot of deflection.

I am using original Bordeaux Inks the nozzle test prints show no blockage, miss-firing or cross-firing, but out of the two test prints generated in service mode the nozzle test printed to the left shows no problems as stated above, but the test showing firing strength and quality printed to the right of the nozzle test prints cyan very faintly or not at all.

I am attaching an image of test print for further reference. Any and all help and guidance is welcome

Thank You

Offsite pic replaced. Please read our rules and instructions on photo posting.

Attachments

• 2zovlgl.jpg
    2zovlgl.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 106
Last edited by a moderator:

Jason_Elliott

Quake--

Have you tried swapping head flat cables?
Move both from Black to cyan and cyan to black or you can switch the cyan and magenta. Just make sure you pull both from the cyan and both from the other head, plug them in the same order on the head. Or you can mark them with L and R on each of them. Just do not cross the cables or you will blow fuses on the head board.

Anyways, do another test print and see if the problem moves to another head. If so you have either a bad head board or flat cables on that color.

Check and clean the encoder strip. This the fastest way to see if the head is bad or the cables or head board. If the blue stays the same, then its the head.

Good Luck

extremetool

Hi,

I have purchased a refurbished Roland VP-540 almost a year back from the authorized Roland dealer in India.

During installation and testing their engineer had broken of one of the eight transistors(4 nos of C4131 and 4 nos of A1746) and now my black, magenta and yellow heads are fine but my cyan head has become very weak and is producing a lot of deflection.

I am using original Bordeaux Inks the nozzle test prints show no blockage, miss-firing or cross-firing, but out of the two test prints generated in service mode the nozzle test printed to the left shows no problems as stated above, but the test showing firing strength and quality printed to the right of the nozzle test prints cyan very faintly or not at all.

I am attaching an image of test print for further reference. Any and all help and guidance is welcome

Thank You

Dear

your cyan head was blocked b'caz i seen your image i think your cyan head was blocked. so pl check it in service mode head print test so pl check it so u know your head report.
form hitesh sanghavi rajkot

Last edited by a moderator:

SE SignSupply

If it was OEM ink, I would say 100% that cyan head need to be replaced. With 3rd party inks I am 50% that head is bad, 50% chance the ink is the problem.