• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Used Edge 2

masterdesigns

I've been thinking of going with an Edge FX, but the price tag is out of my range. What is a good price for a used Edge 2? I've done some research, but find very few used Edge 2s.

Has anybody got any insight on the availability of parts in the forseeable future for the Edge 2? That is the only thing (as far as I know) that makes me a little hesitant to purchase a used Edge 2.

Also, is Flexi or Omega the preferred system out there? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Bob

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
There are pros and cons to each Edge choice and no definitive answer. Many who upgraded early to Edge FX had lots of problems which now seem to be resolved but it had an effect on the machine's reputation. The Edge 2 is/was a very good machine which is why you will see very few for sale. It has the benefit of lots of easy to use aftermarket choices in foils that will significantly reduce you cost per square foot to produce. The Edge FX is following suit but using alternative materials is more difficult.

Down the road, the Edge 2 will be more expensive to get repaired and has a few less features but both are expensive to have repaired. Neither machine is a right or wrong choice because both will perform as advertised and make you an excellent ROI.

Between Omega and Flexi ... I have both and prefer Omega for setting upand printing Edge jobs. I prefer Flexi for vector drawing and editing.

masterdesigns

Thanks for the help; now finding a used Edge 2 will be the trick. I've always heard great things about the edge and looking forward to getting into that avenue.

Take care
Bob