• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Used Roland VP 540 vs New Roland VS 540

Ceej

Hi

I'm in a bit of a quandary as to what printer to purchase, I basically have two choice of either a brand new Roland VS 540 or a 12 month old used VP 540.

The new model will cost me £15000 and the used will cost me £9000 - I print about 700 sq metres at high quality settings each month and i'm not sure which is the best purchase... what do you think?

Obviously the VS is the better model, but I'm wondering whether the money saved if buying the VP is worth missing out on the benefits the VS brings

Any ideas / suggestions and points would be hugely appreciated :)

thanks very much

Richard

Sticky Signs

I like to buy the cadillac when it comes to buying equipment.
Keep in mind, that if you do buy used, you can buy a warranty from roland.

Malkin

with that much output, I would strongly consider the VS with the CMYKx2 inkset for speed.

tomence

That is a lot of printing a month, i think you should be able to buy the VS line of Roland. You can go either CMYK x 2 for fast printing or CMYKLcLm for better picture quality. Also 2 year warranty and on site repairs with the new one should be included in the price, and be up to date with the new technology.

Ceej

Thanks for your advice, I think the VS would be a sensible option because of the extra speed. Is using the 2 x CMYK a huge benefit when it comes to speed?

I spoke to someone today who threw a bit of spanner into the works by introducing a Mimaki CJV30 - this has the same single print head as the Roland VS which means better print quality than the VP, but this is just 6 colour, so i assume it won't be quite as fast as the 2 x CMYK???

Also, the salesperson mentioned that the Mimaki can take full solvent inks which means colour vibrance is improved when printing - is this correct, or is the difference minimal, or no different than using the VS on a 6 colour setting?

Thanks for the superb advice to date, it's great to hear from real people who don't have to meet sales targets by misleading you :)