• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

using 3165 RA as white cut vinyl??

Shadowglen

OK I apologize in advance if its a stupid question but I gotta ask.... We had a big job come in for all white 12" block letters to be used on outside dumpsters. We ran out of white 651 yesterday and need to complete the job. we are a 2 day ship from any supplier. I have a 30" roll of 3165RA that I bought a while back and never used. The vinyl claims a 5 year outdoor durability just wondering how it will hold up if I used it specially without laminating?

thewvsignguy

The White of the 651 may not be the same White as the 3651. Compare the two if you can, or if it makes no difference then go for it.

We've used the 3651 for White die cut part of a design on some stuff but it was laminated.

Desert_Signs

The White of the 651 may not be the same White as the 3651. Compare the two if you can, or if it makes no difference then go for it.

We've used the 3651 for White die cut part of a design on some stuff but it was laminated.

3165 is definitely going to be a different shade of white. A little bluish-gray. It will work though.

2B

like said above, the coloring will be different.

it has been done though and in a pinch is workable.