• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Using a 5 Micron filter in a JFX200

NathanR

It's getting about time for our JFX200 to need it's primary capsule filters replaced and the official filters are 10 microns,
we happen to have another filter in the shop that is nearly identical except its a 5 micron filter so the question is has anyone every tried using a 5 micron filter instead of a 10 and did you notice any performance issues?

I suspect there would be an ink flow problem or if not that that the filter would ware out faster.

Troy Lesher

Merchant Member
Most Piezo inkjet inks have the pigment particle size ranging from 50nm to 200nm (.05 to .2 Microns) from that standpoint the 5 micron filter will work, other considerations are the viscosity and flow rate and quality of the dispersion as agglomeration can occur with sitting inks. should be fine.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
This machine actually uses a 5 micron filter when flushing the lines. It won't hurt the machine but if it does cause issues switching back should fix it.

NathanR

We ultimately got the recommended filters just to avoid headaches and we only had one five micron filter and we needed two filters for our white setup.
Perhaps if we have a really slow week I'll try it in one of the color lines just for fun. :big laugh: