• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

using a cast laminate on a 5 year calendered

gabagoo

I have read that you can use a cast lam on calendered vinyl but not the other way around.

If I were to use calendered vinyl and cast lam, would the cast help the graphic last longer?
I ask as it is a graphic that as to be cut up after and I really do not like using air egress cast films for that task, and I have no digital non air egress cast vinyl for printing on.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
No problems and yes, cast over calendered is fine, calendered over cast will fail. Also yes - the cast lam will extend the life of the calendered vinyl under it - especially if the cal vinyl under is printed. If it's unprinted then probably will not make a whole lot of a difference.

brush1

No problems and yes, cast over calendered is fine, calendered over cast will fail. Also yes - the cast lam will extend the life of the calendered vinyl under it - especially if the cal vinyl under is printed. If it's unprinted then probably will not make a whole lot of a difference.
+1