• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Using A&S Fonts in Indesign

weaselboogie

Have about 4 of Steve C's A&S Fonts. Awesome as usual, and usually use them in Corel, Photoshop, but I've been doing some ad work lately in Indesign. When I export to PDF for the printer, I get a popup about font licencing.
"this font could not be embedded due to licensing restrictions in the font file. The font must be installed to view or print properly with Adobe acrobat"
For those that have never worked with Indesign, its a program where you design and then need outside folders for images and fonts... rather similar to how a website it built. One placeholder file and links to those placeholders.

You cannot convert fonts to outlines like you can in illustrator. My only options so far is to make the text box in illustrator, create outlines and then convert to pdf. .... which works.... but is a PITA to keep going back and forth between progs.

Steve or anyone have any suggestions?

Kevin-shopVOX

Have about 4 of Steve C's A&S Fonts. Awesome as usual, and usually use them in Corel, Photoshop, but I've been doing some ad work lately in Indesign. When I export to PDF for the printer, I get a popup about font licencing.
"this font could not be embedded due to licensing restrictions in the font file. The font must be installed to view or print properly with Adobe acrobat"
For those that have never worked with Indesign, its a program where you design and then need outside folders for images and fonts... rather similar to how a website it built. One placeholder file and links to those placeholders.

You cannot convert fonts to outlines like you can in illustrator. My only options so far is to make the text box in illustrator, create outlines and then convert to pdf. .... which works.... but is a PITA to keep going back and forth between progs.

Steve or anyone have any suggestions?

In my Indesign CS5 I can convert fonts to outlines without an issue. Quick key is "ctrl+shift+O". Just select your font box and do that or go to menu type>convert to outlines

jfiscus

Rap Master
You can convert fonts to outlines in InDesign, at least I can. Same commands as in Illustrator.

I've never experienced this font licensing error besides when exporting a PDF from Illustrator on a couple fonts, so I am assuming this is the same error if it occurs when you're exporting a PDF in InDesign.

I cannot help you with resolving the error besides outlining them in InDesign though.

showcase 66

I believe if you flatten the design before saving it as a pdf it should work then. I think there was a way in the cs3 that was pretty easy but not sure for CS5. I havent really played around with indesign in a long while.

weaselboogie

Good lawd. Its right there! How did I miss this? I also kept right clicking and going throught the options. I googled a crapload and still didn't come up with anything either beside making some sort of transparency.

Gracious!