• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Using application tape over liquid laminate

craigwojo

Hi everyone,

I'm making a bunch of decals and would like to apply application tape after applying liquid laminate. I will let it dry completely. I've heard that some people have found that the liquid laminate lifts off the graphic if you use application tape with liquid laminate on applying the graphics and removing the application tape.

Thank you and God bless,
Craig

ikarasu

Use a low tac application tape and don't let it sit on for weeks and you'll be fine.

We used to get pre printed vehicle packages we were paid to install.... They were 180 vinyl with liquid laminate and they came pre masked. We never had an issue with the liquid lam coming off.

Hated the stuff compared to real laminate though, it's not so scratch resistant!

DPD

I've used LL and then hi-tack application tape but like the other poster said, I didn't let the AT sit on it. It was on/off and I let the LL dry a couple of days and used a couple of coats. My point: it can be done.