• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Using cleaning cartridges? Roland SP-540

threeputt

Does anyone know the proper procedure for using a cartridge? Can you simply insert one in the cartridge slot for the color you're having some dropout with. What command do you then use?

How can you get the solvent to pump through? And assuming you can, do you then have another command to fill that particular line with ink again?

Any help greatly appreciated.

By the way, I have only one cartridge, must you have two?

CS-SignSupply

Last I recall, you will need 2 cleaning carts and perform a 'Head Wash'

Caution: you can not cancel this process, once you start, follow the process to completion

If you are having drop out, it is very possible your captop or damper(s) needs to be replaced.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
STOP!!! Don't run that cleaner through just yet. There are many things you can do before resorting to that measure. Do you not have a tech support to go through it with you? That's one of the nice things about Roland, they give great help with troubleshooting in my experience anyway. Did you already perform a heavy cleanig?(you don't use the cleaning solution for that) Also, did you take some solution onto a qtip they gave you & (very lightly) hold it up against the head ?

threeputt

Kentucky, this is what I've done.

On the advice of my tech (Friday) I've held a clean swab soaked in cleaning fluid against the head and gently, gently pumped it up and down against the head. Not moving it side to side or anything, just a slight pumping action. He even said I could "massage" it a bit but I'm reluctant to do that.

Yes, I've performed a medium and powerful head cleaning. I've also filled the capping stations with cleaning fluid and let that set a while.

The drop out is only in the blue portion of the test print. It's because I ran out of ink in the Cyan and the machine didn't beep to alert me. So I've had to draw with a syringe ink through the lines. Now I've got it printing, but there's still about 9-10 dropouts.

PMCS

Last I recall, you will need 2 cleaning carts and perform a 'Head Wash'

Caution: you can not cancel this process, once you start, follow the process to completion

If you are having drop out, it is very possible your captop or damper(s) needs to be replaced.

I know this thread is quite old but i was wondering if since this post does anyone know if its possible to cancel the head wash process? I had only selected the option on the printer by accident and had not proceeded with the flush or inserting cartridges.
The printer is stuck on this option now and i cannot do anything with it.
Any help with this would be amazing!!!

Ragnabrok

turn off, fire up in service menu. service menu->ink menu->change in set->set it to what you have (MAX CMYK for example) hit enter, turn off, back into user mode.

Thats assuming all the ink is still in the lines, and it hasn't started flushing. If it did, a powerful clean should get ink most of the way from the cartridge to the head.