• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

using comply with small cut out letters

gabagoo

I have to admit that maybe this is totally wrong but I really have not found an alternative product...haven't looked to hard either.

I am doing a fleet of tractor trailer cabs and the logo that goes on the door is 4 colours and would be a real pain to cut in regular 2 ml vinyl and then have to apply so I figured why not print on cast film and use cast laminate.

The only product available that I know of is air egress for digital and because some of the copy is a little small, once the graphic is cut up not only is the weeding very difficult but also due to the air egress they can fall off or move before I have had a chance to premask.

I then thought, why not just premask the entire graphic before weeding and just weed it right on the truck.

it worked great and weeded excellent once it was applied.

I guess I am curious how others do this sort of thing...

Letterbox Mike

We do it the same way, print/cut small letters on air-egress vinyl is impossibly hard, so cut it, weed the big stuff, mask it and weed the small stuff off the substrate. Much easier.

AUTO-FX

Oracal 3951 is available and is not an air egress or air release film. (3951RA is air release)
This is cast, and an excellant product. If you wanted to weed before install. It may also hold on better for easier installation since it is fairly high tack.
Sounds like like you worked the problem already though!