• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Using copyrighted songs in videos for your business..

S

scarface

Hey guys, I want to put together a nice videos of the services and products i offer for my customers on my website. Of course it would be super boring with no music in the background so what are the "rules" for making a video using instrumental music from a copyrighted song or regular music from a song taken off a cd or what have you?

I'd probably post it on youtube then share it on my blog, website etc.

Thanks!

jasonx

You need permission or have to license the music.

If your going to upload on youtube they have audio swap where by they replace your audio with songs you can choose from certain artists. They then display ads on your video.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
What Jasonx said... but there are stock music sites.....

stockmusic.net
stockmusic.com

TheSnowman

It is what you said..."copyrighted". Just spend a little money, get something royalty free, and be done with it and have no concerns.

10sacer

From a voice with experience... I wrote the words to a Cub Scout song called "Do Your Best" to the tune of "Be Our Guest" from Disney's Beauty and the Beast. One of our parents posted it on YouTube and it took about three months for our Pack to get the first lawyer letter. The video was pulled from YouTube and alot of heads were shaking because we weren't trying to make a dime off the music... so, I recommend royalty free or pay the fee.

Sean

binki

From a voice with experience... I wrote the words to a Cub Scout song called "Do Your Best" to the tune of "Be Our Guest" from Disney's Beauty and the Beast. One of our parents posted it on YouTube and it took about three months for our Pack to get the first lawyer letter. The video was pulled from YouTube and alot of heads were shaking because we weren't trying to make a dime off the music... so, I recommend royalty free or pay the fee.

Sean

haha! disney sues a cub scout for singing. that is too funny. where is the happiest place on earth now?