• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

using Cursive Font for vinyl Lettering

Hey guys,

Has anyone ever use a cursive font for vinyl Lettering? I have a job that is 2 1/2 inches in height and about 12 letters long.

What is a good cursive font for weeding?

thanks again
sherry

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Several times a day Sherry.

There are lots of scripts from which to choose. I love SignFonts collection along with any number of other scripts I have in my archives. I keep 617 of them on my file server for easy access. They are also shown, 40 to a page, on my website HERE.

THATgirl

Scripts are my favorite!! I won some from Dave at signDNA fonts....there are many to chose from on the free font sites too.

fred you stated "Several times a day Sherry."" :help:

I will print your fonts out andlet him pick what cursive font he wants..

The question I had was "which Cursive Font weeds better"

Thanks again
sherry

THATgirl

any 2.5 inch script should weed ok. You just have to try for yourself Sherry. Some are harder than others, but then some are more beautiful than others and worth the extra time.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Here are some favorites. Pretty much any script will cut and weed at 2.5" cap height. You haven't mentioned what software you use or font collections you have available, which would help in making a recommendation.

I try to avoid using commonly available and over used fonts in general. In the area of scripts, that would include:

Brush Script
Brody (also known as Brophy) Script
Rage italic

Attachments

• Scripts.jpg
    Scripts.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 643
Thank you..I have a customer who is really into "himself" and wants his name on all of his business equipment and outside equipment. I guess it is a sense of "OWNERSIP"

thanks again
sherry

WVB

Do not forget to "weld" the script fonts otherwise they will cut into each other. I use Flexi so go to effects/combine/weld. Scripts are real nice and always add that elegant look to signage.