• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Using Flexi with printer and Saga 720p (Titan3) cutter... cutter is offset by a lot

dsstrainer

I'm having some trouble with a print and cut setup with my printer and cutter using Flexi. Not sure if its a configuration issue with Flexi or Saga or something else. The Saga 720p is brand new and I've got some stuff to cut fine with signcut and just cut-only stuff with Flexi. But printing with registration marks seems to be cutting outside where it should be.

Basically I just setup 4 small stickers to be printed.
I print on the printer and set the registration marks to be used to the "ARMS Plus" which is what the Saga uses for ARMS tracking. The printer prints it as expected.

Then I put the sheet into the cutter and follow the steps for the laser setup. I see the Saga scans all the registration marks successfully and right on the lines.

But when it starts to cut, it cuts the right shapes, but its offset by about 70% right of the first shape.
Seems like its not getting or abiding by one of the margins after it does the scan of the registration marks.

So I'm not sure if its a bug or config issue in Flexi... or something with Flexi and Saga... but Saga 720p is a supported cutter.

Any ideas or anyone with similar issues?
I could see if it was off by like a few millimeters then I could adjust the offset and calibrate, but this is a huge offset and seems like its something more than a calibration issue.

Last edited:

iladi

Same here with Flexi21 and Summa D120R cutter.

Print&cut offset by 3 mm to the left, but only when I print&cut nested job. Single jobs are OK.

Some teamviewer with tehnical support and yesterday was OK, today is not, again offset cut.

Two more strange things:
1. if I save a preset fot a job, when I import graphics mthe graphics are scaled down randomly
2. I also have Wasach 7.5 and the print & cut is totaly screwed after installing Flexi 21

Flexi 19 seems OK-ish for now.

PS you cannot use Eye One pro but in Production Manager 32 bit

LE
Reinstall Wasatch 7.5
Better now, but Still have the offset for multiple file jobs, single file job print&cut correctly. I start to wonder if it is not a windows problem or if Flexii screw some drivers or settings in the cutter. Already update the Summa firmware and drivers with no succes.

Last edited:

dsstrainer

I wish mine was only 3mm. You can see here I used the pen to do the trace and its off by almost an entire image. Then I tried doing it upside down which was not right either

Attachments

• 2021-04-21_13h02_36.png
    2021-04-21_13h02_36.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 195

iladi

Uninstalled SAI 21, reinstalled Wasatch, updated firmware & drivers for Summa and now I am good to go, all is well.

Still can't figure what happened.

pstrwks

I have had no joy with flexi print and cut to a Zund. The tiled files are all over the place multiple sheets overlay each other on the cut file. Nesting in production manager also offsets the cut file and writes different registration marks to the cut file. Work around are the only solution. Very frustrating. Has the production manager been updated too?

dsstrainer

So I spent the afternoon chasing down offsets and such and was able to get the cutter aligned correctly at least for the one 4 sticker print above. Now trying with another sample to see if it holds for that as well. I basically just kept playing with the X,Y default offsets until I got it right

Last edited:

dsstrainer

Update.. so far I think its all working well now. I've learned that Flexi 19 or Saga doesn't seem to work with the "ARMS Plus" registration marks as Flexi prompts to hit ok after the cutter does the registration mark check, but the cutter seems to not do much during that time. But when I use "ARMS New Plus" it works great. The prompt from Flexi is clearer, tells you where to move the laser as the starting point, then hit ok and the cutter does its registration alignment and does the cuts. Tried a few different images and so far so good. I'm hesitant to upgrade to Flexi 21 now that i've got this working.

Last edited:
Did anyone have any luck with fixing this? its a brand new set up, new install of flexi and my cuts are way off messing with the offset does nothing

dsstrainer

Did anyone have any luck with fixing this? its a brand new set up, new install of flexi and my cuts are way off messing with the offset does nothing
Changing default Offset worked for me. Had to keep doing test prints and manually guessing the x and y values and testing with the pen insert instead of the blade until I finally found one that looked good. Then I saved those defaults and it's been working great now