• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Using RasterLink6 wondering what format file I should use

Aunt LuLu

Aunt LuLu
Good Morning/Afternoon, I use Corel Draw X7 for creating artwork, that I send to a Mimaki CJV150-75 for printing & Cutting. When I was trained on the printer, I was instructed to "export" to EPS or PDF for printing/cutter as per the trainer (Dec 2019). This has worked well - so I thought. I had an issue with a design that I believe Corel Draw did not export properly. So I tried a PDF to save/export as. That worked and I was able to print the design. The colors were off, especially the black.

I have asked several places and received some responses. One stated " Did you sacrifice quality in the print when you exported as PDF. VS EPS?" I clearly do not understand this statement/question. I did as I was instructed during training.

This also leads me to ask questions, What file type is the best to use RasterLink6 ? Is there a maximum file size? Where is there a place I can go to just read about the file types? I am a small one person shop and do not have extra funds for purchasing new software or equipment.

Thank you for any help - suggestions - guidance that is given. Laura - Aunt LuLu

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Good Morning/Afternoon, I use Corel Draw X7 for creating artwork, that I send to a Mimaki CJV150-75 for printing & Cutting. When I was trained on the printer, I was instructed to "export" to EPS or PDF for printing/cutter as per the trainer (Dec 2019). This has worked well - so I thought. I had an issue with a design that I believe Corel Draw did not export properly. So I tried a PDF to save/export as. That worked and I was able to print the design. The colors were off, especially the black.

I have asked several places and received some responses. One stated " Did you sacrifice quality in the print when you exported as PDF. VS EPS?" I clearly do not understand this statement/question. I did as I was instructed during training.

This also leads me to ask questions, What file type is the best to use RasterLink6 ? Is there a maximum file size? Where is there a place I can go to just read about the file types? I am a small one person shop and do not have extra funds for purchasing new software or equipment.

Thank you for any help - suggestions - guidance that is given. Laura - Aunt LuLu
X7 here too. 99% of the time we use pdf. Eps from corel X7 is known to be problematic. Especially when gradients are involved. It was a known issue and has since been fixed with the later versions. If a design is made up of all raster images doesn't make sense to me to save as pdf. Those we'll send as a tiff.
As far as the blacks go, don't use the C0, C0, Y0, K100% formula. We use R0 G0 B0 black for simplicity. Other colors all depends on your, print settings, profiles, and media. You just have to experiment. Corel has a pantone chart generator. You can print one of those and use a reference

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Make sure your color settings are correct when you export the file. I have some RGB files that will print wonky if I send them as native. I always use pdf but every now and then run into ones that wont work unless they get sent as an EPS. They are few and far between though.

Aunt LuLu

Aunt LuLu
X7 here too. 99% of the time we use pdf. Eps from corel X7 is known to be problematic. Especially when gradients are involved. It was a known issue and has since been fixed with the later versions. If a design is made up of all raster images doesn't make sense to me to save as pdf. Those we'll send as a tiff.
As far as the blacks go, don't use the C0, C0, Y0, K100% formula. We use R0 G0 B0 black for simplicity. Other colors all depends on your, print settings, profiles, and media. You just have to experiment. Corel has a pantone chart generator. You can print one of those and use a reference
Good Morning, I tried exporting the file as a TIFF, it opened perfectly in Rasterlink6. There is no "Cut Line" file. Is there a step I am missing?

Laura

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Good Morning, I tried exporting the file as a TIFF, it opened perfectly in Rasterlink6. There is no "Cut Line" file. Is there a step I am missing?

Laura
The tiff is only for printing. Hopefully you included the registration marks when you sent the tiff? To cut it you'll have to open the corel file, turn off layer one whereby leaving just your cut line.
We don't use rasterlink anymore so I can't recall the exact steps.