• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

USTECH MJ-500 Professional Cold Laminator

K2

Has anybody ever used this laminator and could give me some information on how well it works. It has a very good price tag on it but you know you get what you paid for but i dont have 10-16 thousand to really put towards it, new sign shop.

Its a USTECH MJ-500 Profesional Cold Laminator

Oh and if you can squeeze this answer in it would be great. What are the benefits to having a hot/cold laminator verses just a cold?

luggnut

it would probably work OK , but all laminators will have a learning curve. some people will say this one or a diage will not work while others have figured out how to make it work for them. the reason i compare it to a diage is the lam doesn't zig-zag thru tension bars before it gets to the main rollers , to me this can make it harder to set up to lam .... if it has the bars it is harder to get your lam set up skewed or crooked if it is pulled tight thru all the bars.

i have used both and if you could get the one with the tension bars (model WF-65) i think you would be happier. even though it is not a high tech name brand i have the dingtech (enduralam from signwarehouse) and it has served me well.

and for vinyl lam you don't need a hot laminator.. some have a slight heat called heat assist that helps with silvering but it is not a necessity.