• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question UV 661

Gary Wiant

We are going Thursday to look at the UV661 it will be our first UV printer, & technically our 2nd Mutoh, we have ran Mimaki's for about 16 years or so. Prior to that we had a Gerber Jetser (Mutoh Falcon ) but I'm not going to hold that against Mutoh, that nightmare was Gerbers fault.

What kind of issues are popping up on the Xpertjet line.

what products are hard to get good adhesion on?
What kind of starter kits (goodies to print on) did you get with your printer?
Issues building up thickness for ADA signs.

Thanks
G

bowtievega

Premium Subscriber
We looked at one about a year ago. Intent was to print a bunch of ADA signs with it, eliminate need for raster braille. The machine was pretty nice although the bed size is on the small size. We brought a bunch of materials over that we intended to print on and had great adhesion on everything from nonglare acrylic, painted dibond, brushed aluminum laminate. You could pick at the raised letters with the tip of a knife and couldn't get the print to chip off. You could scratch thru it but could not get the print to de-laminate from the substrate if that makes sense. The ink in that Mutoh definitely adheres better than the ink in our full size Mimaki JFX. The Flexi Sign program they had customized seemed like a pretty nice setup, especially since we already run Flexi in shop. We ended up not moving forward more because we decided to purchase a laser and another larger Vision engraver instead of trying to print ADA signs. They look ok but not as high end a look as cut ADA and raster braille. Most of our ADA stuff needs to look pretty sharp.