• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

uv curing (without printing) on fb700

LeiftheLucky

I'm trying to find a way to run stuff through my fb700 and just have the UV lamps run without printing. I've had a couple times I have wanted to do this but never really pursued it. This time around we are trying to find a solution to laminate rigid media and there seems to be "UV Curable" liquid lams as I don't feel comfortable leaving wet lam to dry for any period of time as I know dust and stuff will stick in it. That would be an option if we can run it through the machine but obviously don't want to print. I tried a white file but it just advanced the media all the way through. Any ideas? I feel like there's got to be a way.

jasonx

Haven't used an fb for a while but sure there is a setting to turn off advancing blank areas. Pretty sure it's on the menu in the machine.

woldy

Design a file the size of your application or slightly larger using Illustrator or the sorts, make sure the content is white except a ~ 1x1 pxl square in all four corners with ~5% ink coverage. Make sure print white space is on in the printers settings. The small blocks define the bounding box and will leave just a dusting of ink which probably won't impact your workflow or if it does it will come off without much effort. Word of warning, purge and wipe the heads often when running this application to avoid problems with your print heads. I'd suggest running some life tests on the liquid lamination as the UV wavelengths may not match of what the liquid laminate requires.