• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

UV Flatbed Rigid boards laminate

Pinecrest

we just purchase a Vanguard Flatbed printer / if we are wanting to offer additional protective up-charge over the standard outdoor 2 years durability,
what is the best process you have found to do this in our industry ie. liquid laminate spray/brush or liquid lamination machine , laminate roll on application table?
any experienced feedback is appreciated.....

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
There are alot of options. We have a UV coater we'll use for this. Tec lighting.

Frog juice might still be around too.

Pinecrest

There are alot of options. We have a UV coater we'll use for this. Tec lighting.

Frog juice might still be around too.
Thanks for the input we have a tec lighting as well small format i think its 20" I was curiuos in regards to larger 48 x 96 boards, do you guys have a large Tec lighting for that size ?
I will look into the frog juice, we used marabu liquid semi gloss laminate we brushed on but was not to happy with the end result .

Pinecrest

That's what I was thinking as well, However I'm being told with standard cal or cast lam being applied to a true UV flatbed printer rigid board print, you stand a chance of bubbles and silvering
around the print in a few short outdoor weeks ? how long have you been using this process and if you don't mind what laminates are you using.
Thanks for your response.

We use mactac 2 mil calendared promoguard (we are a partner with them) for cheap protection (real estate signs mainly, pvc and maxmetal) Then if going to be long term we use CAST Arlon (we are also a partner with these guys as well). If you are applying with a laminator or rolls table, shouldn't have any issues. We even lam 10mm coro for those large 4' x 8' real estate signs on posts. Our one operator probably laminated 50 - 4' x 8' panels today before noon. (single sided) We do a ton of that stuff. As far as slivering or bubbles, only if the ink is not cured properly or lamination tension is not right.