• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help UV ink vs adhesive on coro signs

Drummond

Hi everyone, I sell coro yard signs and I'm seeing a lot of competitors using some sort of adhesive sticker rather than UV printing directly onto the board. It seems like it would be more expensive and prone to peeling.

Does anyone have any experience with both methods that could weigh in on pros and cons?

Thanks!

Drummond

So, you wanna learn how to polish a turd ??
lol, you tell me. I just want to offer a good product at a good price and made in the USA..it's becoming more and more difficult to compete against the cheap Chinese products. I'm seeing the sticker method coming from China and Canada. I'm just looking for feedback from the pros over here. Thanks!

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
If you are seeing vinyl applied to coro, it's because the outfit that made the signs doesn't have a flat bed printer, so they don't have the capability to direct print. It's the only way they can do it. Before we got a UV flatbed, we had to print on vinyl and mount to the substrate. I prefer our flatbed! It's faster, less material and labor.

ETA - OR... the customer is so cheap they went online, bought some cheap stickers from china and put them over the political signs they stole.

CanuckSigns

We don't have a flatbed, so for smaller coro sign orders we print on cheap vinyl and stick them down with our rolls roller, then cut them on our summa, but any orders over 24 signs we get flatbed printed by a wholesaler.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
As mentioned above, sticking vinyl on the coro is what you do when you don't have a flatbed. There is no benefit to you switching to that method over what you currently have. You could make an argument that it's easier to laminate a non-flatbed print for longevity but yard signs are rarely used for longevity in the first place.

gnubler

We don't have a flatbed, so for smaller coro sign orders we print on cheap vinyl and stick them down with our rolls roller, then cut them on our summa, but any orders over 24 signs we get flatbed printed by a wholesaler.
Same situation here, and I charge accordingly. Small orders under 5 signs are priced individually, anything above gets a full sheet discount and I outsource it for direct printing.

CanuckSigns

Same situation here, and I charge accordingly. Small orders under 5 signs are priced individually, anything above gets a full sheet discount and I outsource it for direct printing.
Why would you give full sheet discount on 5 signs? Last I checked you fit 12 yard signs on a sheet...

Gino

Premium Subscriber
He may be using 4' x 10' sheets. We had a customer who we would get 5' x 12' in to do many 30" x 30" double sided signs.

gnubler

Why would you give full sheet discount on 5 signs? Last I checked you fit 12 yard signs on a sheet...
I mis-typed that. When I outsource yard sign printing they run 10-up. If I can't fill up the sheet for an order I just keep the Coro blanks for in-house jobs (I upload a blank print file for those signs at the time of ordering so I get the blanks back). At any rate, I charge enough for the signs that it covers printing a full sheet, even if the customer only wants 5 signs. I tell customers they can get 10 signs for not much more but a lot of them decline. Strange.