• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

UV print on Aurora Textiles Act II

jdigital

Since we are going "green", I've found a lot of media to print on. I just received Act II from Aurora Textiles. If you do not know what this is, it's a 100% recycled fabric/banner made from plastic bottles. I'm going to try it on our UV flatbed. If anyone else has tried this material, let me know your outcome. I might also try it on our solvent printers but it's only spec'd for Dye sub and UV. It won't hurt to try though. I'll post my outcome

jdigital

The Act II/FR (fire rated) worked great on our Flatbed. I also tried it on our Mimaki JV3. To my surprise, it printed awesome because it was only spec'd for UV or DyeSub. A little faded but I think it's because it is similar to polyoxford, which also has a faded print outcome. If anyone wants any "green" product, I would definitely recommend the Act II/FR.