• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Uv protection for partial wrap

Saltedlake450

Hi guys! I just printed a partial door wrap that Im gonna be installing without laminate. I can't remember who it was, but i read somewhere on here that I can spray some sort of UV protection spray onto the printed film once its installed? Supposibily the customer can spray it on every 2 months and the spray would protect it from the sun from fading and cracking. I think its made by 3m, but I couldnt find it, but I was able to find this on Amazon....
http://www.amazon.com/Vinylex-1215-...341119567&sr=8-1&keywords=uv+protection+spray

Any help is appreciated!!

Thanks!

Saltedlake450

The thing is that I dont have a laminator. I can outsource the printing work along with the laminate from B2sign, but at the moment I m outsourcing from another person for way less, but they only do printing and no laminate....

HulkSmash

If I may suggest, Please use lamination. Real lamination. Your spray won't work. And if you plan on having a happy customer who wants to return... use lam...
also - You're going to have some ripping during install if you don;t..

Cale Frederick

For jobs in the future lookup signsbydale on here and pm him about a solution for laminating without a laminator. As for this project I would maybe even find another sign shop close by and see if they would laminate it for you. ClearStar liquid laminate would be my second choice.

Bly

I think Clearshield would be the one to use on solvent ink prints.
Clearjet is solvent based and might ruin the print.