• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VACCUM PROBLEM WITH OCE/CANON ARIZONA 2300 XTF HIGH FLOW VACUUM

edcooleyar

That’s seems like the same problem we had. After one 4x8 sheet we would have cyan ink drops on our carriage.

Ours was a 1380XT which ended up going back to Venlo. I don’t think the techs had any idea what the problem was. They re-aligned everything and replaced the printhead but it kept happening.

We upgraded to a 2380XTF and have not had the problem. Canon did the right thing for us. They were going to bring a new 1380 but we decided to upgrade. The print quality is excellent and the flow vacuum system was good for us because we do a lot of odd sizes.

Paris Signs

We had a problem similar to this and ended up swapping out the machine. Cyan was spraying all over the place. How much printing did you do to get that much ink on the carriage?
After printing less than a hour it looked like this, when did you get your printer installed? what was different about the new one?

edcooleyar

Installed in August last year then replaced in December. The new one has twice the printheads so it’s faster. Also has the flow bed which does not have to be masked. Thankfully, no problems with overspray.

Fahrenheit731

My shop was considering purchasing a 2380 XTF and I found this thread about 6 months ago. We contacted Canon directly with our concerns. YardSignsResellers.com our sales rep told us that he spoke to yours and the issues were caused by lack of maintenance and care on your end. Canon assured us the issue was resolved. Well we had the machine installed two weeks ago. Canon came yesterday because we are experiencing the same issue. Our technician told us that's a known issue and there is no fix. Just wanted to serve as a heads up to anyone looking to buy one. Canon is aware of the issue with the flow table and told us to just live with it.

Paris Signs

My shop was considering purchasing a 2380 XTF and I found this thread about 6 months ago. We contacted Canon directly with our concerns. YardSignsResellers.com our sales rep told us that he spoke to yours and the issues were caused by lack of maintenance and care on your end. Canon assured us the issue was resolved. Well we had the machine installed two weeks ago. Canon came yesterday because we are experiencing the same issue. Our technician told us that's a known issue and there is no fix. Just wanted to serve as a heads up to anyone looking to buy one. Canon is aware of the issue with the flow table and told us to just live with it.
I have a 2360XTF, I was just at ISA Yesterday and the machine they have on the floor running was having overspray issues.
My printer had overspray from the beginning. They have admitted this was their problem and they say they are going to fix it.
They are coming to install a "Software Fix" on May 17th, I have little to no confidence this is going to work.
There was absolutely no lack of maintenance on our end. I has another Canon 550 XT flatbed for ten years and only replaced one head in all that time.
We need to find everyone having this problem to consolidate our concerns. We can at least communicate between each other and act as a group. you can contact me though my website parissigns.com

Simon Peach

Are these issues with the whole 2300 range? - we had been looking at the 2380 model, this is a little bit concerning

Last edited:

edcooleyar

I cannot speak for every machine but our 2380XTF has had no overspray issues. It has been installed for 9 months and we love the machine. Incredible print quality for us in fine art mode doing direct prints and acrylic back prints.

Fahrenheit731

Are these issues with the whole 2300 range? - we had been looking at the 2380 model, this is a little bit concerning
Hi Simon, unfortunately yes these issues are still ongoing for us. We can only run around 5 to 7 beds before having to clean the carriage again. We've had the machine for almost 3 months it's been down for about half that time due to various parts failing and other issues. We've had all ink pumps go bad, our auto cleaning system break, a leak in the coolant line, etc. Attached is a picture from last week. This is after running four beds.
20220624_150503.jpg

Attachments

• 20220624_150505.jpg
    20220624_150505.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 90

Fahrenheit731

We have been told by our technician that the overspray issue is caused by the high flow vacuum table which is on all 2300 series printers. Basically the when the print moves past the substrate, the vacuum pulls the ink from the head and leaves it on the carriage potentially causing ink drops. Which we have had issues with. We want to love the machine because when it is working right, it prints wonderfully.

edcooleyar

This is the high-flow vacuum and not the standard XTF flow vacuum system? It is my understanding the high-flow beds have to be masked.

Have you tried placing some media on the bed where you have no substrate to see if the tech is right?

Fahrenheit731

This is the high-flow vacuum and not the standard XTF flow vacuum system? It is my understanding the high-flow beds have to be masked.

Have you tried placing some media on the bed where you have no substrate to see if the tech is right?
My apologies, this is the standard flow system on the 2380 XTF. The one with no vacuum zones. I misspoke on the "high" part. Thank you for pointing that out.

Print1

Tech for your cutter, printer & logistics needs
Having had three of those machines and running them 24/7 until they couldn’t print anymore than turned them into air hockey tables..,
With that said the Only solution is masking negative space, it’s mildly inconvenient at best but once you have a process (precut mask sized pieces for different media) it goes very quickly.
Cannon nor any vendor for that matter will try to help with ink atomization but static, heat and humidity will play a part on how bad it is, 60% at 69 degrees is a butter zone for that machine: if you need any further help and or service coverage I offer many options.