• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vacuum error troubleshooting

Gerberhackuv

Having a vacuum pressure issue on my gerber cat uv, anyone have any information on how the vacuum system is usually set up? Pump creates vacuum, ink was found in pump so i purged and cleaned it. There is a vent port that may have a 1 way check valve that is not closing maybe damaged from ink? Anyways, hoping to see if anyone else has experience with printer repair issues, thanks.

TimToad

Having a vacuum pressure issue on my gerber cat uv, anyone have any information on how the vacuum system is usually set up? Pump creates vacuum, ink was found in pump so i purged and cleaned it. There is a vent port that may have a 1 way check valve that is not closing maybe damaged from ink? Anyways, hoping to see if anyone else has experience with printer repair issues, thanks.

When you did your purge, did you also purge the overflow line that is the farthest to the right after the ink line purge valves? I think its a white valve. If ink overflows and fills that line, it backs up into the vacuum lines and inhibits the check valves from doing their job properly.

Gerberhackuv

When you did your purge, did you also purge the overflow line that is the farthest to the right after the ink line purge valves? I think its a white valve. If ink overflows and fills that line, it backs up into the vacuum lines and inhibits the check valves from doing their job properly.
, yes it was full of magenta it's all been cleaned out, lines are all cleared. ink had gotten into vacuum lines and the vacuum check valve attached to vacuum canister was not working, replaced check valve. now this is happening. is it possible the onboard pressure sensor is damaged?

[0:01:19.991] Initializing Front Panel
[0:01:20.017] Front Panel beep (1) times
[0:01:23.117] TABLE put in Config with Roll2Roll
[0:01:33.667] config: Carriage Board configuration word: 0x00000030
[0:01:33.667] config: carriage 8-head
[0:01:33.667] config: carriage 14pl (MCYK)
[0:01:33.667] config: carriage ink-02
[0:01:38.095] Front Panel beep (2) times
[0:01:39.063] ink pouch EMPTY alert turned off
[0:01:39.063] Alert user to clean print heads!
[0:01:39.074] Enable spit
[0:01:39.079] Current ink vacuum pressure is (0.01 psi)
[0:01:39.079] Setting ink vacuum pressure to (0.34 psi)...
[0:02:39.680] Error: failed to set ink vacuum, err=728
[0:02:39.680] Error: potentially blocked ink vacuum filter, err=728
[0:02:39.680] Error: ink vacuum pressure failure, err=728
[0:02:39.680] Error: pressure not stable at Carriage Board
[0:02:39.685] Current ink vacuum pressure is 0.49 psi
[0:02:39.685]
[0:02:39.685] Ink System is being set to safe condition.

TimToad

vacuum will only build by putting my finger over the vacuum can filter hose

If you initiate an End of Day Clean and check the heads after not printing for more than 4-6 hours are any of the heads (especially the magenta!) weeping or oozing ink? Does your head access plate have ink on it after the same length of time?

Gerberhackuv

If you initiate an End of Day Clean and check the heads after not printing for more than 4-6 hours are any of the heads (especially the magenta!) weeping or oozing ink? Does your head access plate have ink on it after the same length of time?
magenta and black ooze a litte when it was last running

Gerberhackuv

magenta Ink got into vacuum pump, cleaned it all up, cleaned and drained vacuum tank, cleaned magenta vacuum solenoid. I have cleared all the lines, but now cannot purge because of vacuum error. (Puts machine in a safe mode)

I can create vacuum by putting my finger over air filter that goes to the vacuum tank and it will go to .50 psi and maintain a vacuum, however there is an error when it tries to set it at .35 psi and an error in the log saying possible blockage in air filter.

When I just let it run normally it will have a vacuum of .11 and then back to .01 when it shuts off.

I suspect there is ink stuck in something that is supposed close and maintain a vacuum, I'm just not sure what to check next.

Any input would be appreciated, I've been at this problem for a bit.

Gerberhackuv

will be taking print head off machine again today, will post pictures as I go, hopefully I will find the issue. and advice is appreciated. thanks

TimToad

will be taking print head off machine again today, will post pictures as I go, hopefully I will find the issue. and advice is appreciated. thanks

Sorry for not following up on your latest discoveries. I'm going to PM you the name and number of someone who may be able to help.