• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Value jet error E072

trebor28

Hello, hope someone can help. I have a valujet 1204 printer and it having problems when it tries to clean the printed head and measure the vinyl. It keeps saying "E072 Error CR Current".

The encoder strip seems fine, the blade in the mant. station and all the other parts seem to be moving freely.

Could it be a problem with the solenoid that initially realises the carriage?

or something else?

Thanks

Robert

trebor28

Thanks for the idea, But the metal plate seems to be straight. The printer works fine if the carriage is moved by hand before i print. There is a black plastic catch that is attached the solenoid that seems to lock in over the capping station - is that the plastic clip you mentioned?

jiarby

yep... mine was bent quite a bit but it does not have to be bent that much to be not working properly. The print head has a pin that comes down and pushes that black release clip out of the way so the print head can move to the left.

If you just put a piece of tape over it (even just to test) to hold it down I'll bet that you see it work.

trebor28

thanks,

the tape trick stopped the problem. The printer is due a service just after new year - will get it properly sorted then.

leerees

archsigns

bent clip

I have the mutoh valuejet 1604 located in Australia. Had this e072Err CR Current pop up today. Upon reading the comments on this site I decided to try fixing it myself. I only pressed the black clip down and it fixed the error, didn't even have to bend the metal plate back (athough it is quite bent). Sure beats getting a technician out to have a look at it at $300AU a pop.

midwestwraps

The reason this is happening is because the carriage counts the marks on the encoder strip. Here is how you reset this. Turn the printer off. Open the front cover and release the carriage from the maintenance station and push the carriage out a little ways. Close the door and power back up. It will move very slowly back to its home, it is counting the marks to zero itself out. DO NOT REMOVE ANYTHING AND DON'T TAPE ANYTHING DOWN!!!! Some of these post I cannot believe.

midwestwraps

The reason that latch is getting bent is because the carriage thinks "home" is in one place and it is actually a couple of notches further. This causes the carriage to come out too fast because it is too close to the release lever and it doesn't get out of the way fast enough.

EXPRESS SIGNS

look at this part.... it stops the head from moving but can become bent. Bend it back into place, put a piece of tape over it to hold the black clip permanently down or just remove it all together.

http://www.signs101.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=20987&d=1203031560
I have been getting this error for ever its so aggravating. Shutting on and off eventually makes it print. I just changed two motors and capping station and was still getting it. I taped down the lever and it worked. I hope this is a permanent solution. My question is if i keep it taped down so that it never locks back in will it cause any damage?

henryp

I have been getting this error for ever its so aggravating. Shutting on and off eventually makes it print. I just changed two motors and capping station and was still getting it. I taped down the lever and it worked. I hope this is a permanent solution. My question is if i keep it taped down so that it never locks back in will it cause any damage?

If the printer is left on all the time, it should not cause a problem because the energized CR motor will keep the carriage correctly capped in the home position. Once switched off, the carriage can move slightly which can cause the print head to become uncapped, then the ink on the nozzles can dry consequently blocking them.

EXPRESS SIGNS

Yes I knew it was something like that so would you suggest taping it down when im printing because I leave it off at night when im not at the shop

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You could tape it down while printing or you could fix the lock mechanism. It's a common issue and most people can just bend the lock back into place. If it's not the position that is causing the issue, then the next thing to look at is the solenoid and plunger that unlocks it.

henryp

Yes I knew it was something like that so would you suggest taping it down when im printing because I leave it off at night when im not at the shop

This problem is fixed by updating the firmware of the printer, the latest firmware version for the VJ-1204 is V2.02 for the Mainboard and V1.24 for the Heater Controller Board.

WebInterface