• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Valuejet 1204E fails to detect when out of ink

Stefan

Ever since we got this new brand of cartridges, our ValueJet mostly fails to detect when they go out of ink on a cartridge. It's a bit of hot or miss, mostly miss. I'm attaching a screenshot of what the current cartridges looks like, unfortunately I don't have an image of the previous type we used.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• mutoh.jpg
    mutoh.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 372

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Is it doing this on all of the colors? If it's just 1 color, I would say the sensor is probably either broken or out of position. If it's every color, you might need to update your ink controller firmware. If your machine is an older model like the 1204, 1304, 1604 or 1614, it might just not be compatible with your machine. Mutoh officially doesn't support those models and when the new inks came out one of my tech contacts at Mutoh simply said, "If people have issues, tell them to use 3rd party inks."

netsol

Is it doing this on all of the colors? If it's just 1 color, I would say the sensor is probably either broken or out of position. If it's every color, you might need to update your ink controller firmware. If your machine is an older model like the 1204, 1304, 1604 or 1614, it might just not be compatible with your machine. Mutoh officially doesn't support those models and when the new inks came out one of my tech contacts at Mutoh simply said, "If people have issues, tell them to use 3rd party inks."
Wow. the older machines are abandoned

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Wow. the older machines are abandoned
Yeah it's been hit or miss. Most people aren't having issues but I definitely get more calls about ink cards not reading or heads and maintenance stations clogging more often on these models with the new ink. A lot of my customer have switched to Bordeaux with good results.

Stefan

Yes, it's been doing this to all of the colors. Sometimes it works, but most of the times it doesn't. We had zero issues with this with the earlier types of cartridges.
As for the firmware, I'm not sure how to check this. It says version 2.01 /1.21 in the menu item "version".