• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

valujet 48" or 64" need opinions

Good afternoon everyone,
I think I have finally decided to go with the valujet. My only question is which one the 48 or the 64. I like the price of the 48 but am concerned about the size of the print. I've been measuring all the vehicles we consistently work on for example a ford F-250. the doors are 52 wide by I think 65 tall. I know i can run either horizontal or vertical but it appears there will be seams in a bad spot. Just wondering if anyone else has run into this problem, or what they do about it. thanks in advance sean

ChiknNutz

If I were shopping for a new printer, it would be 54" PLUS...having a full 5 feet of printable area to work with would be of great benefit. Personally, I think 48" is a mistake, if only due to the limited availability of 48" mat'l. 54" and 60" mat'l is much more common.

threeputt

48" is a weird size. And don't forget even with our 54", the usable print area is about 51.5".

With a 48" what do you get? 45"? I'd go for the larger printer. But a Roland instead of the Mutoh...lol

Matt Cuellar

I'd spring for the 64" model if the money's there. It'll grow with you as you grow, even if you don't have the market right this moment. Not to mention, the 64" has the take up system and is a much more robust machine than the 48" in my mind.

Pro Image

We just had our 48in setup yesterday and have already run the thing all day today........As for the widths thats up to you and what you intend to do with it...........Wraps only yea get the 64 but I dout that we will do many wraps and so we went with the 48.............We also got a take up reel for it and the Mutoh cutter for 20,000.00 set-up and delivered........

Derf

I have a 48" VJ-1204 and I did not see any reason to go to a 60..

I can get media cut to 50-52 and print a full 48.1-in I have only had one banner request over 48" wide and I can sub that out.

I would recommend that if you plan on going into the printing only business or have unlimited cash then get the 60" if not get the 48"...

I have a 46" too and there were times I wanted to get a bigger printer but only because I needed to print 48". Even wraps I just panel at 46" but we don't specialize in wraps either so it's no big deal for me. I just wanted to print a 4x8 full.