• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vcarve cuts are cutting too deep

datoshway

I need some help. I am using Vcarve software and my cuts are cutting too deep. I have a 6mm material and need to cut 3mm deep .

My cuts were going all the way through. As a test i’ve rolled the cut back to .25mm but still going way too deep. See attached, please help! Anyone see anything wrong here?

Attachments

• Screenshot (1).png
    Screenshot (1).png
    395.8 KB · Views: 314

letterman7

Not enough info. What bit are you using? What are you zeroing to? By your screenshot you're trying to do a V-cut with an endmill, and that alone is going to give you errors. You have to enter in the info on the V bit size, toolpath it as a V-cut with a flat bottom at 3mm.

AndyN

The screenshot shows a pocket toolpath. I've had this happen a couple of times in the past year, but with v-cuts. I found re-doing the design fixed the issue. Never did find a good reason why it happened, but in the interest of getting the job done, it was more expedient to just redo it.

MoultrieMade

Agree that more info is needed, but just a few thoughts/observations:
- That's a pocket toolpath, not a v-carve toolpath; however, the blue lines and the state of the preview appear to indicate a v-carve path is in use. Did you perhaps edit the wrong toolpath before taking this screenshot? I think you want to use a v-carve path instead of pocket, and set the "flat bottom" depth to 3mm.
- Did you reset the preview between tests? Maybe you're just not seeing the results of your changes after the first attempt was too deep.

keith20mm

Your setup is 0.25mm cut depth, using 1/8” end mill, cut in a single pass, and zeroed at exact top of your material.

Is your router and control set up same, metric mm units, with same 1/8” end mill, zeroed at upper surface?

And when you saved the gcode, did you select the correct post machine template?

Also, please show the job setup info panel.