• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VE LXi master issue

crystalhelix

I am using the software I received from SW. I am still learning. I prepared an entire layout and for some reason I can't delete anything any more and it doesn't even show as an option. This happened shortly after I had imported some clip art. I can't figure out how I managed to turn off the ability to delete a graphic, lol. Any help for a newb would be appreciated.

Actually now that I look I lost most of the options on this file.

If I paste items over to a new file I can now edit them. God, this is fun.

thanks,
Justin

PMG

Check to see if you have the layout locked out!!! Go to top -then to Arrange then to Lock,and see if its locked,see if that helps!!!!!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
It is also possible you made the graphic into a Guide which has the effect of locking it on its own layer.

Lonely Fisherman

Justin, I use the same software and Fred's evaluation is probably right on. My bet is that your imported clipart is 'grouped'. You can select the entire graphic and then 'ungroup' it. There should be a small green & yellow icon on your toolbar or you can hit 'Ctrl-U' after making the selection. That should unlock it.

Good luck!

Fish...

crystalhelix

It wasn't just one clipart, it was like magically I couldn't edit anything. I copied everything over to a new file and it seems to be working now. Now all I have to do is figure out why magically I am cutting substrate now. I think the plotter fairy is making unwanted changes.

thanks guys,
Justin

Kenny

As far as cutting substrate: Type "E" - this opens the DesignEditor dialog...(or select it under the "View" menu)...on the Substrate layer, make sure the cutter graphic has a red X through it...toggle the X by clicking the cutter graphic.

There are several other varibles you can select for each layer.

The dude

(gif) will not let me autotrace?

:help: I use Lxi Master with my 24" Lynx-24 Vinyl Express cutter Printer and recieved a disc with a logo on it and it came out under (gif) my machine would not import it could you tell me why? Should they have sent it to me with another file? Thank you for your support.

JMDigital

The dude said:
:help: I use Lxi Master with my 24" Lynx-24 Vinyl Express cutter Printer and recieved a disc with a logo on it and it came out under (gif) my machine would not import it could you tell me why? Should they have sent it to me with another file? Thank you for your support.

Post the gif. Can you look at the file at all? If it wont import the gif may be a bad file. They should send you a Vector if they have one. Or a Hi-Res TIFF or TARGA file. If you can't see the gif at all they may have to send it again.