• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vector Art Mega Collection

freeportsign

I have Vector Art Mega Collection but the book that come with was dammaged (by my dog eatting it) and my wife put it in the trash before i couyld find out as she did not wont the dog to get in trouble. My question is if any ones knowes where i can get a copy of the book with out haveing to print out every picture on a single page. I tried to use profolio do do this but was unable to.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The policy at Holmes & Cottrell (the publishers of Vector Art brand clipart), due to the extent of illegal copying that goes on, is $100 each for extra books.

I do Portfolio printouts all the time and, while there are some things about it that could be better, it's adequate for in-house use. You might want to look over the print setup dialog. It has some pretty good options for quality of the thumbnails, headers and other items that will help you get decent results.

freeportsign

I tried to use portfolio 5 and open them to thumbnails but have been unable to get to open them like i have seen it work for others. Is there a a new version and maybe a Portfolio for Dummies Book i could pruchase

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I still use Portfolio 4.

I do make a habit of transferring my clipart from CD to hard drive. I then feed in one volume at a time and keyword them as I go, as well as create a gallery for each volume.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
If you're going to put your own together, it's pretty easy in Illustrator or CorelDraw also. Just set up some guide lines and size to fit. Prints will look better out of an illustration program using the vectors than they will out of Photoshop.

mr3d

In Photoshop goto
File
Automate
Contact Sheets

There you will see all sorts of settings you can mess with to get the desired results.