• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

vector images

Dittyro

I have Signlab e6.1

I am trying to get a customer a vectorized sample and haven't had much luck.

How can I export a vectorize image ?
When I go to the save as ...the only option is a .cdl file.
I can export if I convert and save as a bitmap image.

I am hoping it is just a setting or an option that I have overlooked.

Thanks
RD

Dittyro

The export option only shows up when I have rendered to a bitmap image. If I select a vector (my original image) the 'export' option is greyed out.

OldPaint

1st you gota open FILTER and select ai. and eps. uncheck the rest..... then you can do a export of a a vector.

geb

I would save as a cdl file. Then select that cdl file so that your job is on screen, select that job(draw a box around it with your cursor), then select file/ export. Here you will see file type, click on the down arrow and all the file filter options appear, try .ai or .eps as stated by OP, and you should be able to export your image. What are you exporting to?

The reason I state to save as cdl first, then your file will be saved in signlab to use when your ready next time you need it.

George

orfasco

I am also trying to export a signlab file to Corel. I tried OldPaint's directions and get a box that says I/O error. I unchecked all filter boxes except eps. Old Paint what am I missing?

geb

I do this all the time using .ai or.eps extensions. When you select an image in signlab, then select export, there is a box that says filter. All the examples of extensions have a box checked next to them, meaning I can use this extension to save my file as. save as type, click the down arrow and pick the type extension you want to export as, as I mentioned .ai and .eps have worked for me exporting to Corel.

George

Dittyro

I have to be missing something???

I am a relatively new user, but I cannot see any FILTER button. The only time my export option is available is if I make the image a bitmap first.

The only other thing I can think of is that this is a version of Signlab that does not have cutting ability. I share a vinyl cutter with another shop and buy time off of him. Normally I will put my .cdl on a disk and load into his computer and cut from there.

geb

Can the other sign shop export on this program using other filters than bitmap?

The only way I can describe where to check to see what filters are available is to suggest opening a .cdl file and select that file. Click on file on the top left of the page. Click on export. A box will appear. On the left hand side, towards the middle, but a little lower is a box with the word filter. Click this box, and all the filters with an X in the box next to their name are available to use as export filters. If they're not checked, such as .ai or.eps, check them. Click out of your filter box, and click the down arrow where it says Save as type. This is the file extension you will export your job at.

Let us know if these work for you. Maybe ask the other shop if what your trying to do is capable with the version of e6.1 and modules that your both using.

George

orfasco

I also have signlab 6.1. I highlight the image, select export, deselect everything but eps in the filter dialog box, then select export. When I try to open in Corel, I import and the import cursor brings up a grey box that states " signlab sheep sign eps. eps". Sheep sign eps is the file name that I am trying to import. I have Signlab Assistant 6.1, I wonder if I have to upgrade to have this ability?

Hubert Furey

Dittyro,

You are more than likely using a designer version of SignLab. Designer versions of e6 do not have the Export option. You more than likely are using the Export Image option. Designer versions were meant to be coupled with a full version, hence the ability to only save as CDL or as bitmapped images.

You can verify this by going to Help > About Signlab and checking the second line of information. It should say Designer in this line of information.

geb

Orfasco, have you tried using open instead of import in Corel?. I have had this problem, but have tried different file ext. and eventually I got it to work Just can't remember how I did it, and I'm not at home right now.

I also would leave all the filters in signlab with an Xnext to their name, this will allow these filters to be used when you want to save or export in one of those filters.

Also, maybe give the .ai an X and try exporting that extension, then opening or importing in Corel. Maybe you need an upgrade of signlab, I don't know the answer to that question.

George

orfasco

Hubert, the second line in the about signlab dialog box says "Signlab Assistant version 6.1 revision 11. Thanks for your help.