• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Vehicle Dimensions?

2B

what is the common method for finding dimensions of vehicles for pricing, when the vehicle is in another town?

looking for the dimensions of a 2016 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, Crew Cab, Long Bed.to get a quote completed.
Have tried the dodge website, and unless I am missing something that is a joke to use

not going to buy a template merely for a quote to be made.

2B

Thanks.

What is it without the roof and then with and without the bed as this guy is debating putting a flat bed on it and wants a quote both ways

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
For estimating, I do one of these:
- Google the vehicle (2016 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, Crew Cab, Long Bed) for a ton of sites that purport to show sizes.
- Find a dealer in the area with a similar model and measure when you're in that area.
- Find a picture of the vehicle and guesstimate based on something the picture that you can say "oh yeah, that's a foot long widget, so the vehicle is XX."
Make a note in big, bold letters that the price is an estimate only, and the final pricing would depend on the vehicle's actual size.
Or, explain that for proper pricing I need proper measurements, so please bring the vehicle by.

DJr

We use Pro Vehicle Outlines template software. It gives you the dimensions on all of the most common wrapped vehicles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

burgmurk

NOTHING beats measuring it yourself. but getting a photo online, getting the 'wheelbase' measurement from wikipedia, then scaling the photo in illustrator (or your app of choice) is absolutely good enough for quoting. I've even used that method for the final product on occasion (with a load of bleed room for error)

jfiscus

Rap Master
Pro vehicle Outlines Subscription. Pays for itself on quoting materials. Dimensions are very accurate.