• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vehicle tailgate badges/stamps

KH t's n Signs

Hey everyone,

I was sent a job to install vehicle graphics by a 3rd party. I am only the installer. designer put a full wrap on the tailgate of a Tacoma and it has the stamped and black badges in each letter- picture attached. Also, there will be text that migrates this way into the T and A. From my certifications I do not feel this material will stay there. Should I just use primer 94 in all of it and heat and roll it with my Rollepro or what? How does everyone deal with the stamps of all the Chevy 1500 tailgates?

Attachments

• 20230410_105023.jpg
    20230410_105023.jpg
    920.9 KB · Views: 290

ikarasu

Badges should always be removed (and replaced if the customer wants it.... We've gotten pretty good and 95% of the time. An remove them without damaging)

You can primer stamps, most of the time we don't unless.its a pretty deep stamp, never had a lift yet.

KH t's n Signs

Any tips on how to remove the badges in the stamps here? Typically I use fishing line but can't get that in these. They sit down inside the stamp.

Stacey K

I like making signs
I literally just finished removing a badge. I heat up then use fishing line behind it moving up and down - usually comes off really easily. To remove the sticky crap I use the eraser wheel.