• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vehicle Templates & Wrap Print Shops

I use Corel and work 1:1 scale on everything up to 150'. I work over images I take and scale to within 1/2 inch or less of the real size. I make a knockout image with only background to put over my bleeds for customer proof outs. On final approval I create one image that is the whole side/back etc. with big bleeds where needed. Then I make copies of this image and crop them into over lapping panels and print. This way it's easy to print any window perf or whatever in any shape.
This is basically the same workflow for building fronts/lettering and most any mockup we do. If I had to use scaled down line templates and Adobe whatever, I would quit... and it's my shop.
What do you do for hoods & roofs? I have yet to find a good way to get a good face on picture of either.

I have a 54 inch printer. I print ALL of our autowrap jobs.
We use signelements for templates for vehicles. They are to scale and we mock up graphics on them and size the graphics out on the templates. Works like a charm. Not sure sign elements cost, but you have to spend money to make money.
Do you print each door separately on the large trucks? The job I'm working on has smaller lettering going right across the door jams. (not my doing). & I'm wondering how to piece that so that I don't lose any of the lettering. I have it lined up perfectly at the moment but there is less than an inch of leeway for splitting it & yet having enough overlap to go into the door jams.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
How did you get into this without knowing anything about it? This is like an electrician asking why one wire is white and the other is black.
You just trim it where it lands and avoid running text over big objects like door handles when possible. Your brain sees the word for what it is just like you are able to understand a sentence when someone leaves out a word or spells something wrong. Usually, you don't even notice.

How did you get into this without knowing anything about it? This is like an electrician asking why one wire is white and the other is black.
You just trim it where it lands and avoid running text over big objects like door handles when possible. Your brain sees the word for what it is just like you are able to understand a sentence when someone leaves out a word or spells something wrong. Usually, you don't even notice.
Long story short, we agreed to wrap the vehicle thinking we would design the wrap as well. It is a cooperative advertising campaign between our local travel council and a famous rodeo hand. We learned after my the fact, he wanted friend to do graphics. We thought friend was a pro, turns out not so much. Now we are just trying to make the best out of a not so great situation.

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
Do you print each door separately on the large trucks? The job I'm working on has smaller lettering going right across the door jams. (not my doing). & I'm wondering how to piece that so that I don't lose any of the lettering. I have it lined up perfectly at the moment but there is less than an inch of leeway for splitting it & yet having enough overlap to go into the door jams.
I'd have to look at th graphic. We panel jobs out and have an overlap. I print 52" panels and then do an overlap.

I use Corel and work 1:1 scale on everything up to 150'. I work over images I take and scale to within 1/2 inch or less of the real size. I make a knockout image with only background to put over my bleeds for customer proof outs. On final approval I create one image that is the whole side/back etc. with big bleeds where needed. Then I make copies of this image and crop them into over lapping panels and print. This way it's easy to print any window perf or whatever in any shape.
This is basically the same workflow for building fronts/lettering and most any mockup we do. If I had to use scaled down line templates and Adobe whatever, I would quit... and it's my shop.
Thank You. This information may just help for my current predicament. I’m also going to use this for future projects.

Chuck Taylor

I'm looking for a good vehicle template site that shows accurate measurements & does not cost an arm & a leg.
I'm also in search of a vendor that is not only willing to print & laminate the larger wraps, but is also willing to answer questions about best methods of sending files.
(I only have a 54" printer & laminater & and need 65" plus prints for an upcoming job).
Thanks.
I subscribe to this site Sign Elements which has 25,332 vehicle templates on it and is updated monthly with the latest vehicle models, in addition to a lot of nice photography and a great selection of vector artwork. I believe a subscription costs us about $299 a year, CDN.