• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Vehicle Templates

blufftonsignguy

I am curious what your opinion is on where to purchase accurate vehicle templates? I have never purchased a template but need to purchase a couple. Obviously vector files more for vehicle graphics than wraps.

Thanks for your help!

DerbyCitySignGuy

I am curious what your opinion is on where to purchase accurate vehicle templates? I have never purchased a template but need to purchase a couple. Obviously vector files more for vehicle graphics than wraps.

Thanks for your help!

There was a guy on the forums a few years ago that shared a BUNCH of templates. Not sure how accurate they were, never used them, but they're there.

Anytime we've used purchased templates, they've always had to be adjusted, so we just stopped buying them.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Same response I always give. Why templates?
We use the old tried and true method. "Survey" each vehicle. i.e. slap a 1" x 12" magnet on the sides and back then take straight on photos. Jot down key measurements. Scale the vehicle to size in the desired program then begin designing. 90% of the time templates don't take into account every model to include particular moldings and such. A template may show a window where the actual doesn't have a window.

Patentagosse

I rarely use 'em but here's the ones I work with:

www.artstation-vehicletemplates.com

but unfortunately they have no semi and it's my main market... also these are american models and sometimes they have slight differences with our canadian models.

www.provehicleoutlines.com have more models (semis, buses, planes, boats...) but who really use 'em (?)

It may be a good starting point to figure out a job but I still rely on my own measurements and pictures to complete a layout. Matter of taste I presume...

tulsagraphics

I haven't tried SAI's templates before. Looked at their website just now. The most recent templates in their drop-down menu selection are from 2015.

I normally use ProVehicleOutlines.com (maybe renew once every 2 to 3 years) or make my own as necessary. PVO works fine, but I always get a few measurements to be on the safe side.