• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versa Camm question

roxym

I'm thinking of getting a VersaCamm and am a bit comfused about what software is needed. The salesman told me that I needed FlexiPro or something equivalent to drive the printer, is this so? I currently have a PC600 and export my CorelDraw files as an EPS, open in ColorChoice and away it goes. If I do indeed need a bridge program, what do you people suggest?

Sorry for the dumb questions, just don't want to spend money needlessly. Thanks!

High Octane

The Versacamm comes with the rip software...all you need to do is export the eps file from corel to the supplied Versaworks rip and you're good to go...no need for Flexi.

roxym

Thanks for the help. So....was the salesman pulling my leg and just trying to make an extra sale ya think? He said I couldn't go from CorelDraw to the printer and he has me confused. (That's not hard unfortunately)

roxym

Barry-I am looking at a 30", can't afford the larger one right now. Would you care to pm me and give me the details? Thanks....

2NinerNiner2

Barry - is Versaworks really that poor? I have had absolutely no problems with ColoRIP that came with my old SP-300.

Barry

2NinerNiner2 said:
Barry - is Versaworks really that poor? I have had absolutely no problems with ColoRIP that came with my old SP-300.

Versaworks can really limit a lot of the settings on your printer and Roland really tries to lock people into their more expensive medias & ink with it. Things that are simple in ColorRip (Like print/laminate/cut) become more difficult in versaworks.

If you have no other Rip to compare with then you will probably think Versaworks is OK, but if you have used a decent Rip you will understand why dealers are pushing things like Flexi.

Your one of the lucky ones with ColorRip. ColorRip is Wasatch SoftRip re-branded. If you buy the full version of Wasatch SoftRip your looking at about $3,500.

2NinerNiner2

Thanks Barry :) ...wow, I had no idea the Wasatch RIP was that expensive! Guess that explains why some refer to Versaworks as 'VersaWorst' :)