• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versacam SP-300 color issues

NSDdesigns

Im getting lines. This machine is new to me, how can I fix this issue. Need to clean or do some maintenance? Need to know soon as I have a few more banners to print in the next day or so.

Thanks. NOOB

Attachments

• 2012-04-23_19-34-03_153.jpg
    2012-04-23_19-34-03_153.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 92
What profile are you using? Have you done several prints and then this happened or is this your first print? How clean are the heads? Do you have a fan blowing on the printer from somewhere in the room, i.e. an AC unit or heater? Do you have any static issues?

NSDdesigns

No fans going. Im using (and learning) Roland Rip ColorRip. (I think I should be using versaworks.....right?)

I habe only used this machine now 4 times, and the green seems to be an issue. I made a few red and black banners for my shop and they look great. Dunno about the heads, Pervious owner did maintenance before I bought them out. I'd like to take a swing at doing my own maintenance now but need to know what Im getting into really. Have no idea on the nossel test or even how to do/run that. I'm researching now. Any tips are really appreciated.

THANKS!

I'll check the profile and Nossel test tonight if I can figure it all out. Also feed calibration if I can figure that out as well.

Wingace

There's a "test print" button on the side panel... once it prints you check for what looks like missing lines or lines printing on top of each other...

I keep scrap/end-of-roll material for all my tests n calibrations :D

NSDdesigns

There's a "test print" button on the side panel... once it prints you check for what looks like missing lines or lines printing on top of each other...

I keep scrap/end-of-roll material for all my tests n calibrations :D

Will do this tonight.

NSDdesigns

Well, the "test print" looks fine, lots of little lins all in a row, nice and neat.

How do I go about oing the "nozzle test"?

Thanks for the help guys! I need to run a few banners next week so I need to make sure they come out a good as can be.

NSDdesigns

sounds like what you did was a nozzle test...little lines are each nozzle - its shows missing/deflection

I can post up a picture once I get to my phone. Only area oc slight concern is with the black, some (like one or two) of the lines were missing or shifted out of position, is that "normal"?

Perhaps the mines are from the paper moving to fast or to fast of a feed as I thing another member mentioned, is that speed controllable? Seems to me like it would be a set thing as the printer moves at its own designed pace.

J Hill Designs

nah you have to set it...various medias have different thicknesses, so they would travel slightly farther/shorter...

that wasnt my first thought, because the black line next to the green doesnt have the lines

NSDdesigns

that wasnt my first thought, because the black line next to the green doesnt have the lines

So this is mostly a speed issue your thinking.....its making sense to me now that I think and read into it more.

How can I change it and how would one know what speed to set what material?

for instance I have a 13oz banner material I need to run coming up here soon, what feed would It be best at? Is there some sort of ratio to figure out when I need to make changes and what to change them to?

otctech

Some colors are more forgiving than others. The feed calibration very well may not be the problem but its quick and easy to check/fix so its always the first thing I check when I see banding on my Rolands.

otctech

On my xc-540 its menu>calibration>test print
It will print a series of boxes you pick the boxes that are touching without overlapping then input that number into the menu>calibration>setting area. Not sure if its the same with your machine.

timkaz227

Are you set to "standard" on your quality instead of "high quality". On my banner profile that's the diff b/t 360 & 720 dpi. can't tell from the photo what direction the print feeds. Those settings are in versa works. Not sure about your color rip.

NSDdesigns

Im supre I'll learn more as I go, but how exactly can I change the media feed? I need to print to 13oz. banner material tonight and dont have much time to mess with trying to figure it out right now. I will sit down and work with it when I do but if you could give me a heads up, its greatly appreciated!