• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VersaCAMM Printing Speed

neftali

:Oops: I want to know what is the VersaCAMM Printing Speeds @ different resolutions. Roland don't provide that information in the specification of the printer.

:thumb: Thanks,

Neftali Hernandez

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I think that information is in their printed brochure and if memory serves me correctly the print throughput at 720 x 720 was just under 40 square feet an hour.

arbys

I read in the latest digital graphics about the (ahem)virtues of liquid laminates and
it mentioned that solvent prints need time to cure before applying a flim laminate, otherwise the remaining solvent in the print will gas out and make bubbles, just like applying vinyl to a vehicle with an uncured paintjob. My question is how long do you have to wait for the VC? And would you have to wait a longer or shorter period of time for true solvent? Just curious.

neftali

Finally I got the answer.

Finally I got the answer here it is:

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 240pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=320 border=0 x:str><COLGROUP><COL style="WIDTH: 54pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 2633" width=72><COL style="WIDTH: 47pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 2304" width=63><COL style="WIDTH: 41pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 1974" width=54><COL style="WIDTH: 98pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 4790" width=131><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #c0c0c0; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; WIDTH: 240pt; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: navy" width=320 colSpan=4 height=17>
VersaCamm SP-300 Print Speeds
</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl23 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 54pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #3366ff" width=72 height=17>Resolution</TD><TD class=xl23 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: windowtext; WIDTH: 47pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #3366ff" width=63>Direction</TD><TD class=xl23 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: windowtext; WIDTH: 41pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #3366ff" width=54>Passes</TD><TD class=xl23 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: windowtext; WIDTH: 98pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #3366ff" width=131>Square feet per hour</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl22 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 54pt; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: windowtext; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: silver" width=72 height=17>
360 X 720
</TD><TD class=xl22 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: windowtext; WIDTH: 47pt; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: windowtext; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: silver" width=63>
bi
</TD><TD class=xl22 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: windowtext; WIDTH: 41pt; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: windowtext; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: silver" width=54 x:num>
</TD><TD class=xl22 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: windowtext; WIDTH: 98pt; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: windowtext; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: silver" width=131 x:num>
</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl22 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 54pt; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: windowtext; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: silver" width=72 height=17>
360 X 720
</TD><TD class=xl22 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: windowtext; WIDTH: 47pt; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: windowtext; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: silver" width=63>
uni
</TD><TD class=xl22 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: windowtext; WIDTH: 41pt; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: windowtext; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: silver" width=54 x:num>
</TD><TD class=xl22 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: windowtext; WIDTH: 98pt; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: windowtext; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: silver" width=131 x:num>
</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl22 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 54pt; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: windowtext; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: silver" width=72 height=17>
720 x 720
bi
720 x 1440
bi
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Pretty slow. What you think? I think I will wait for the VersaCamm SP-540V -54"
that has print speeds of 119 sf/h at 360x720.

paul luszcz

I asked Roland this question at the USSC show because we're considering purchasing a solvent printer.

The Versa Camm is really slow.

In uni directional print mode it runs at 39 sf/hour at 360 x 720 dpi and 18 sf/hour at 720 x 720.

This compares to the SolJet (and our CJ) 540 EX speeds of 78 and 39 respectively, in other words half the speed.

Be careful when comparing print speeds. Roland printers (and others I'm sure) do not print well in bi-directional mode. Doing so nearly doubles the print speed, which is why you've heard numbers over 100, but produces unacceptable (to me) banding.

We find the CammJet speeds (which are the same as the SolJet) very acceptable for our volume, but would have trouble at the Versa Camm speeds.

Mutoh claims its Falcon Outdoor (and Outdoor Jr.) is as fast as a SolJet, but my dealer advises I take that with a grain of salt. I don't know first hand whether the Mutoh quality is acceptable at its rated speeds.

Baz

Im printing with an original Soljet ... 90% of my prints are done at Fine2(540dpi) bidirectional. I get verry minimal banding. I never get any comments from customers about banding, seems im the only one who notices it.

Proper cleaning and calibration is the trick.

Since my printing speed is slower then the 540EX model, maybee that is why i dont get much banding.

As long as i can crank out a 4x8 in an hour, at the moment im a happy camper :). As the bisness grows, i will have to upgrade because of the speed issue.

paul luszcz

Your printer is effectively running at the same speed as mine, although I'm running 720 dpi unidirectional.

I also find that speed acceptable, and run at 360 by 720, which is twice as fast, when I need faster throughput.

It's half that speed (the VersaCamm uni-directional mode) that worries me.

Barry

paul luszcz said:
Be careful when comparing print speeds. Roland printers (and others I'm sure) do not print well in bi-directional mode. Doing so nearly doubles the print speed, which is why you've heard numbers over 100, but produces unacceptable (to me) banding.

99% of my printing on my Versacamm is done in bi-directional mode and I have never had problems with banding. If Versacamm prints have bands in them something is wrong with your profile, either to much or not enough ink or wrong heat setting.

Here is a link to a 40x30 photo print (On metamark vinyl) I did a week or so ago, not one band in it. Was printed at 1440x720 bi-directional.

http://www.mustangmods.com/data/1/ajphoto.jpg

Barry

SteveB said:
Nice print Barry - Looks like you've got the hang of it!
It takes a few months to really get the feel of how things are going to print. Once you played with it enough, its pretty easy to get all the settings set properly.