• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versacamm SP-300V

Moojo

Help. Just all of a sudden I'm getting the error message pinch roller error, invalid right pos

How do I fix this?

Tyia

FrankW

Regularly, if the pinch roller is in the correct position, is the flat cable which connects the main board to the tool carriage damaged. Even the sensor could be defective, but most of the time it is the cable.

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
Apart from what was advised above, you could clean the encoder strip and sensor and see if that helps, but as mentioned, typically when you get that error, it's the cable.

jharler

Regularly, if the pinch roller is in the correct position, is the flat cable which connects the main board to the tool carriage damaged. Even the sensor could be defective, but most of the time it is the cable.
I had this exact problem. I could fiddle with it and get it to register properly, but eventually it got so bad it took 10+ attempts. Replacing the cable as Frank suggests here was the solution.

I'm not sure if linking to products is allowed, but googling "flat cable card Roland SP-300 23475213" will link you to the cable I purchased. It's currently available for $7.12 from the supplier I used. It was pretty straight forward to replace.

Moojo

I had this exact problem. I could fiddle with it and get it to register properly, but eventually it got so bad it took 10+ attempts. Replacing the cable as Frank suggests here was the solution.

I'm not sure if linking to products is allowed, but googling "flat cable card Roland SP-300 23475213" will link you to the cable I purchased. It's currently available for $7.12 from the supplier I used. It was pretty straight forward to replace.
Thank you so much. I ordered this part. Sure hope it works! Appreciate everyone's help very much

Moojo

Good morning. I ordered the cable card and the part number you requested (23475213) and it arrived today But the one in my SP-300V is 3/4"wide and the one I received is 1.5" wide. Twice as wide. Did I order the wrong part number?

Moojo

I ordered that part number and it arrived but it's twice as wide as the one in the machine. Help. TY

jharler

I have to apologize. I copied the wrong cable from my order history. When I ordered, I wasn't sure which cable I needed, so I ordered a few different ones. I believe the cable I used was this one:

It seems to be the right size.

Again, I'm sorry. I should've taken the time to double-check that I was pointing you to the right cable. The website says that other cable is used in the SP-300V, so if you hold onto it, it might come in handy in the future, but that doesn't make up for me pointing you in the wrong direction.

jharler

It was one of those. Fortunately, they aren't expensive, but I know I've added to your frustration and I'm sorry for that.

Moojo

I have to apologize. I copied the wrong cable from my order history. When I ordered, I wasn't sure which cable I needed, so I ordered a few different ones. I believe the cable I used was this one:

It seems to be the right size.

Again, I'm sorry. I should've taken the time to double-check that I was pointing you to the right cable. The website says that other cable is used in the SP-300V, so if you hold onto it, it might come in handy in the future, but that doesn't make up for me pointing you in the wrong direction.
Thank you so much. I'll order that one!!

jharler

Please order both that I linked to. I'm not sure which one it was for sure. I'm not able to verify it right now.

Moojo

Thank you to all. My machine is up and running again. Now I need to order a heater board for the same machine SP-300V. Any idea of the part number from digiprint? Thank you again for all your help!!!

ChicagoGraphics

IMG_20220825_201817.jpg