• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

versacamm sp300

Bob 67

my roland is printing about 20% of a sign then the printer head goes away, yet screen says "now processing" have tried waiting it out and still nothing. any one have this happen? any suggestions?

Barry

Bob 67 said:
my roland is printing about 20% of a sign then the printer head goes away, yet screen says "now processing" have tried waiting it out and still nothing. any one have this happen? any suggestions?

What do you mean by the printer head goes away?

Bob 67

sorry, the printer head retracts to its starting position away from vinyl. But now it wont print at all, versaworks can see the printer, rips it but it wont print. the tech that was here earlier rolled back an update and it was working fine, but im on auotmatic update and i figure it downloaded the update again.

Bob 67

wow, now im printing half a sign, lol. the printer prints half then stops screen says now processing but nothing ever happens. always the night you need a sign the next morning.lol

Steve C.

Are you trying to use your computer for other functions during the print process? I had a simalar porblem with my Falcon using Flexi rip. I am still not sure what caused it but assumed that I had used too much vertual memory
during printing.

Bob 67

no nothing is running besides versaworks, and I just put in 1.5 gb of ram thinking that might help me when I do want to have other apps running,.

Bob 67

just printed a small picture 3" square, printed fine yet the status monitor on versa says 0% and my printer screen says now processing but the picture has already printed?

Bob 67

yeah i spent most of the night playing with it, it is still a mystery thou. I reinstalled a driver and changed the usb port. So it was one of those.
it was probably a driver as it would only print a small portion of the sign and then shut off, but still say it was processing.

thanks. Bob